• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Well then Neb, come out of the whore and move to a more godly country.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Neb, I know that these posts are almost a year old but I just stumbled across them. Where did you get your info on Panama from?

Want to hear a perspective from someone who was there?

I made that jump that night and made my way through the old section of Panama city to take out their special forces compound. After that, we made our way to the Mariott hotel and rescued hostages that were beaten because they were American. Had we not arrived there when we did, these people would have been taken to a hidden location to be slaughtered. We got there as the captors were readying a truck to transport them to their death. During my time there, I was part of a detail to watch captured soldiers and I can tell you that no one on our watch was abused. In fact, much like the Iraqi pow's, they had a relieved air about them. These peoples' families were threatened and that was the biggest reason that they took up arms against us in the first place.

I'm not sure which fantasy magazines you get your info from but I do ask that you please check your info before posting. Y'see, most of these soldiers in Panama, Iraq, and other countries don't give a hoot about war, they have to show a pretention of fighting just long enough for us to rescue them. They fear for their family's safety.

I am in agreement with you as far as No-gun ri goes though. It's those idiots in command of such situations that mess up things for our causes. I hope the people responsible are held accountable. There is no reason why someone needs to make such decisions.

As for fighting only one or two wars in which we were threatened, again, please check your sources.

Should we have stayed out of Europe during WWII? The germans never attacked our shores, did they?

Somalia?

Korea?

Are you getting my point?

These conflicts arose out of the need to stop unfair aggression. Contrary to popular opinion, I think the US, as a world leader, does have a moral obligation to help stop aggression.

The US as the "great whore"? Make no mistake, the Great Whore is the Roman church that will rise again in the Tribulation to assist the anti-christ in his quest.

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

WSell since this thread got resurrected, thought I'd put in alink.  Check this out:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politi...sp?story=384604

Good points, One. I'm certainly not behind anyone who tortures or maims. Not only does it hurt our effort, but it's just plain wrong. I don't believe that God wants us to act in these ways. It's an unfortunate reality, though. One that I do not condone.

But can you find and post any links that deal with the aggression and crimes of the Iraqi gov't? How 'bout the crimes and rapes of the Taliban? The torture of Americans in Vietnamese prison camps? Any news on the most recent bus bombings in Israel?

t.

The point I'm trying to get across, Ted, is that we are all evil.  Every nation is capable of atrocities.  People like to raise the standard over the US like we are some kind of example to the world, like we're immune to commiting war crimes, empirialism, etc.  It's all vanity.

Psalm 2:1  "Oh, why do the nations plot a vain thing?"

Look up the word vain in a Webster's dictionary, it's pretty fitting.

The Lord's holy nation is made up of all tribes, races, peoples, worldover.  It transcends worldly politics.  There is no hope in politics, oust out Saddam Hussein and the next dictator will arise from his ashes.  Meanwhile many, many innocents are caught in the crossfire.  My heart and my burden is for those innocents.

We bombed Afghanistan back to the stone age and didn't delete Bin Laden.  He's still at large.  We bombed Iraq during the gulf war, and Iraqi people are still reeling from the devastation of their infrastructure, and Saddam is still there.  I don't have any hope in war as a solution to the world's evil.  It is just heaping coal's on the other guy's head.

Here is Pat Buchanan's take on torture:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/patbuch...b20030310.shtml

Y'know, One, I am in total agreement with your post. We are all evil. It's in our nature. We were condemed through Adam and we will never get to Heaven by our own actions or thoughts. Only by accepting Christ will we get there. There have been plenty of war crimes commited by people in our uniform. It's a sad truth and it hurts me at times to wear the same uniform, but one thing keeps me going. I believe that this nation was founded by God-fearing men and woman that wanted a new home in where they could worship the Lord in the best possible situation. England was abusing the colonies at the time. So we broke away. God has blessed this nation in many ways (one of which is the right to have these talks together) (which I love, by the way). Men have been corrupted along the way and have taken advantage of these blessings. In that way, then no, we are no different than any other nation. But it's for the original ideals and intentions in which I serve. Hopefuly, God will recognize that in me and everyone else that puts on our military uniforms and serves with honor.

By my own admission, this country needs to get back and serve God the way we were supposed to.

There is only really one major difference between us and it is this:

I am willing to do my best to defend this nation and to preserve it for my children and yours so that God is able to use the people in it for His glory. The most important way that I can do such is to pray. But if that means that I am called to help rid the threat to us in other lands, then I reckon I'll be there (as long as this old body will hold out, that is). Of course, there's a chance that I'm wrong about all of this, may God forgive me. (and He will). I try never to make decisions like this without His guidance. But it was through prayer that I have come to these conclusions.

If you cut through the lies that are spewed out by both sides in this soon to be war, we see some facts that still hit us in the face:

The islamic brand of terrorism will hit us again

We can't sit around and do nothing.

We need to protect our nation

Hopefuly, you understand that I'm not pro-war for all reasons. It's not the best way to fix anything but there are times when we are forced into it, and I believe that this is one of them.

I love you as a sister in Christ and look foward to the day when we can sit down together in Heaven and not have to worry about any of this.

Gotta run.

t.

Thanks for that post, Ted.  There's a lot of heart in it.

I appreciate the noble ideals that you stand for in your uniform.  May you continue to have a clean heart and a steadfast spirit through all the trials and temptations ahead of you in your walk with the Lord.

Ted, are you going to be sent over to the Middle East?  Are you a career military?  My sister, only 11 months younger than me, is stationed in Quatar since Jan. 10 for 6 months.  I worry about her terribly.  She has seen a lot in her life as she was a prison guard for a while, and a cop in Key West for 10 years, then in mid-life made a career change and enlisted in the navy at 36 years old.  Little did she know at the time that her enlistment would be during a reign of terror.  She e-mails frequently.  She says that the many of the troops question this war, but will follow orders when commanded.  

It's a very interesting time to live in, unprecedented military capacity for mass destruction.  We could see the bowls poured out in rapid succession.  The tension and suspense building right now are so thick you could touch them.  

I just get so grieved by the hate, the prejudice, the division that a climate of war creates.

OneAccord, you should've got my message and hopefuly things are well with us, but I did want to share one thing in public, though. I just tucked my 10 yr old son into bed a minute ago and thought- yeah, that's what I'm fighting for.

Good night.

t.

Guest shadow2b
Y'know, One, I am in total agreement with your post. We are all evil. It's in our nature. We were condemed through Adam and we will never get to Heaven by our own actions or thoughts. Only by accepting Christ will we get there. There have been plenty of war crimes commited by people in our uniform. It's a sad truth and it hurts me at times to wear the same uniform, but one thing keeps me going. I believe that this nation was founded by God-fearing men and woman that wanted a new home in where they could worship the Lord in the best possible situation. England was abusing the colonies at the time. So we broke away. God has blessed this nation in many ways (one of which is the right to have these talks together) (which I love, by the way). Men have been corrupted along the way and have taken advantage of these blessings. In that way, then no, we are no different than any other nation. But it's for the original ideals and intentions in which I serve. Hopefuly, God will recognize that in me and everyone else that puts on our military uniforms and serves with honor.

By my own admission, this country needs to get back and serve God the way we were supposed to.

There is only really one major difference between us and it is this:

I am willing to do my best to defend this nation and to preserve it for my children and yours so that God is able to use the people in it for His glory. The most important way that I can do such is to pray. But if that means that I am called to help rid the threat to us in other lands, then I reckon I'll be there (as long as this old body will hold out, that is). Of course, there's a chance that I'm wrong about all of this, may God forgive me. (and He will). I try never to make decisions like this without His guidance. But it was through prayer that I have come to these conclusions.

If you cut through the lies that are spewed out by both sides in this soon to be war, we see some facts that still hit us in the face:

The islamic brand of terrorism will hit us again

We can't sit around and do nothing.

We need to protect our nation

Hopefuly, you understand that I'm not pro-war for all reasons. It's not the best way to fix anything but there are times when we are forced into it, and I believe that this is one of them.

I love you as a sister in Christ and look foward to the day when we can sit down together in Heaven and not have to worry about any of this.

Gotta run.

t.

heyyyyy TED----I forgot you were in the military,so please forgive me for that, I have a nephew that i helped to raise & he is in the marines,A major or above that so, I totally support you & him. I pray that GOD will protect all of you in the military & bring you ALL home safe & sound,& whole....

thank you SIR, for protecting US & keeping us free,so far....

YOU SIR, NEVER have to apologize or have regrets for defending ME,my family,[of which i consider you a member of]

your immediate family & above ALL, DEFENDING the principles

that GOD established for this nation....YOU SIR, have been called upon TODAY to defend those guiding principles,fought & won by the SAME kind of  GODLY men[AS YOURSELF] that gave us those freedoms.....WE, THE AMERICAN people thank you for your GODLY beliefs & for defending US & for protecting our freedoms......THANK-YOU- &- MAY- GOD- RICHLY-BLESS-&-PROTECT-YOU-& RETURN-YOU-TO-US-THAT-NEED-&-LOVE-YOU--------

----------your brother in the LORD---Gary-------