IGNORED

Your views on the Purpose Driven Campaigns.

Guest brotherswmiller

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I am not sure what to think at this point, but I will keep both of my eyes open, as I always try to do. I will get back to you if I see anything. I am not reading the book, and I think that we are only listening to the tapes on night a month.

Again thank you for the heads up. :wub:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what to think at this point, but I will keep both of my eyes open, as I always try to do.  I will get back to you if I see anything.  I am not reading the book, and I think that we are only listening to the tapes on night a month. 

Again thank you for the heads up. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do I have the feeling that this scripture should be put here right now?

Philippians 1:18 - What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice

I just started reading it and on the cover it says over 1,200 scriptures are used as references in the book. I open it up and see many familiar scriptures and one that automatically blessed me..

Romans 11:36

everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory (LB)

(KJV)

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen

and the second thing I see as I am thumbing through is Day 21: Protecting your Church. With the following scripture being referrenced:

KJV

Revelation 12:10 - And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Here the book is talking about protecting your church referring to the accuser of the brethren as our enemy.

So far no satanic stuff ..will let you know when I finnish..

May the Brethren in the Lord be blessed!

I personally like to use the KJV. It is not the only one I use, but it is the one I memorize from and the one I preach from, most of the time. I also like to look at the Amplified Version.

On a personal level, I do not like the paraphrase Bibles much. Some people in my church have the message and seem to like it a lot. I have not read it and do not plan on it.

I think one of the problems with this country is that we, on a whole, are getting dumber and less educated. The side effect for the church is we need to have Bible translations that are easier to understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Give me a break, people. Some are going to benefit from it...others may not. Some prefer one Bible version...others prefer another. It's absolutely unnecessary to call it "demonic" just because you don't prefer it. Why are ppl so quick to call things "evil" and "demonic" these days? Geeze. I'm so tired of every single topic getting hijacked and becoming a debate about how "holy" and "perfect" the King James Version is (and that it's the only one). If that's what you believe, great, wonderful ...but not everyone shares that belief. You should respect other people's opinions and beliefs and refrain from labeling those who differ as "demonic" because they don't hold the same belief. It's divisive and graceless. Just stop it, please.

brothersmiller, I don't mean to be rude, but every topic that I've seen made by you has seemed to be baited topics (ie, topics created for the purpose of sparking conflict). I could be wrong, but it seems I've seen multiple topics about how evil the Purpose Driven Life is alone. It's very common to see a newcomer drop into the boards and feel like they're here to enlighten everyone on a subject. We see new ppl all the time who have a set agenda. One day it's about how evil Bush is, the next it's about how wrong it is to celebrate Halloween. Soon we'll see the topics on how evil it is to observe Valentine's Day, or read the Lord of the Rings books. It's never-ending. We've had topics labeling almost anything and everything as evil, to the point that it's almost laughable now. There's another new person on the boards who seems obssessed with demons and it's very troubling to me.

Sometimes I think ppl get off-balance in their beliefs....too critical. There's a religious and critical spirit behind many of these "ministries" who are set out on "exposing" other ministries. There are entire websites, pamphlets and "ministries" devoted to criticizing other ministries. Am I the only one who has a problem with this? I mean..it's one thing to correct something clearly false and heretical. It's quite another thing to pick brothers and sisters in Christ apart and criticize their character simply because you disagree with them on a few non-essential things (such as what Bible version they use...puhhhleease).

I think there are some believers who need to focus more on their own walk with the Lord than they do on everyone else around them. There's a spirit of arrogance set on some, and they think that they have a monopoly on how ministry should happen and take place. Here's a bit of advice to you who find something wrong with everyone: when Christ came, He delievered truth with grace. Much of what I've seen professed around here (including in this topic) hasn't been "truth" but has been opinion. You've gotten confused about what are absolutes and what are matters of personal conviction. It's these sorts of divisions that drive unbelievers even farther away from our message. If we lack grace for eachother..what makes us think we'll convince the world God has grace for them?

Ciao...

One more thing.... you might want to take a look at this topic:

Are you a Pharisee?

Give me a break, people. Some are going to benefit from it...others may not. Some prefer one Bible version...others prefer another. It's absolutely unnecessary to call it "demonic" just because you don't prefer it. Why are ppl so quick to call things "evil" and "demonic" these days? Geeze. I'm so tired of every single topic getting hijacked and becoming a debate about how "holy" and "perfect" the King James Version is (and that  it's the only one). If that's what you believe, great, wonderful ...but not everyone shares that belief. You should respect other people's opinions and beliefs and refrain from labeling those who differ as "demonic" because they don't hold the same belief. It's divisive and graceless. Just stop it, please.

brothersmiller, I don't mean to be rude, but every topic  that I've seen made by you  has seemed to be baited topics (ie, topics created for the purpose of sparking conflict). I could be wrong, but it seems I've seen multiple topics about how evil the Purpose Driven Life is alone. It's very common to see a newcomer drop into the boards and feel like they're here to enlighten everyone on a subject. We see new ppl all the time who have a set agenda. One day it's about how evil Bush is, the next it's about how wrong it is to celebrate Halloween. Soon we'll see the topics on how evil it is to observe Valentine's Day, or read the Lord of the Rings books. It's never-ending. We've had topics labeling almost anything and everything as evil, to the point that it's almost laughable now. There's another new person on the boards who seems obssessed with demons and it's very troubling to me.

Sometimes I think ppl get off-balance in their beliefs....too critical. There's a religious and critical spirit behind many of these "ministries" who are set out on "exposing" other ministries. There are entire websites, pamphlets and "ministries" devoted to criticizing other ministries. Am I the only one who has a problem with this? I mean..it's one thing to correct something clearly false and heretical. It's quite another thing to pick brothers and sisters in Christ apart and criticize their character simply because you disagree with them on a few non-essential things (such as what Bible version they use...puhhhleease).

I think there are some believers who need to focus more on their own walk with the Lord than they do on everyone else around them. There's a spirit of arrogance set on some, and they think that they have a monopoly on how ministry should happen and take place. Here's a bit of advice to you who find something wrong with everyone: when Christ came, He delievered truth with grace. Much of what I've seen professed around here (including in this topic) hasn't been "truth" but has been opinion. You've gotten confused about what are absolutes and what are matters of personal conviction. It's these sorts of divisions that drive unbelievers even farther away from our message. If we lack grace for eachother..what makes us think we'll convince the world God has grace for them?

Ciao...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just have one question for you Tess? What is ppl? :o"Sometimes I think ppl get off-balance in their beliefs....too critical." Maybe I missed something about what it stands for? Thanks in advance for letting me in the loop. :blink:

ppl = people (less to type :blink: )

Oooooohh, short hand. :o Now I get it. :blink: Thanks. :blink:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Tess,

I agree with you whole-heartedly! I wanted to post my support.

Some people (speaking generally) come to this board to spark debate and controversy. I'd rather read posts by atheists and wiccans because at least you know for sure where they stand. These baited posts and "warnings" ARE divisive and only the personal opinions of those posting them. (As most, if not all, of our posts inevitably are.)

Some constantly say that an author or speaker misinterprets or misquotes the Bible but are so sure that their own interpretations are absolutely correct! But, of course THEY are right because THEY believe those things and the rest of us are just poor, stupid, blind sheep following hungry wolves around.

The laughable part is that their proof of the things they say often come from online articles and other books that men and women have written. "The Purpose Driven Life" MUST be demonic because "The Purpose Driven Deception" (or whatever it's called,) SAYS so! They are so sure that ITS not flawed though. I don't get it.

I'm not trying to put ANYONE down. God allows everyone the privilege to believe whatever they choose to believe. I'm merely voicing frustration, with Tess, over the hijacking of threads and baiting them for arguments. What kind of a witness is that to new believers or newcomers to Worthy Boards?! Honestly, you should be ashamed. By all means, state your opinions, but do it kindly and non-offensively. BE RESPECTFUL! Try encouraging people and uplifting them instead of trampling on them. Do you have any idea of what that can do to a person already struggling with their faith? It can destroy the last bit of it they were holding onto. Do any of us want to be responsible for that?

ALL kinds of Christians/people post on these boards.... those new in faith and those seasoned in faith, the zealous and the slothful, the hurting and the blessed, the questioning and the learned, the happy and the sad, the saved and the not yet saved.

I've seen people disagree or voice their concerns lovingly and without being offensive or harsh. It can be done! I pray that God will help me with this area. Frustration isn't a good basis for a post and yet this one of mine is rooted in it.

That being said, I'd also like to say... I'm the most imperfect person I know. I don't like the fact that this "issue" bothers me like it does. I would like to die to this part (and every part) of my flesh. I work daily on it and I guess I have a ways to go!

God bless us ALL!