• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/22/1944

All i can say is.. that Chris must be pretty confused by now. He came here for help, not for condemnation, or the likes. I am sorry if that is too strong.. but.

John 8:7 Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

I am not saying what is happening is right in Gods eyes. But, Romans 15:1 We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak..

Reading the Scriptures, and Jesus forgiveness to sinners. Not once, did i read Him telling them to  GROW-UP! I am sorry for my directness.. but.

Peace and Blessings.. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok... Let's get real here.

1. Is sex outside marriage a sin? Yes and one that can lose our salvation.

2. Will God forgive us if we repent (stop and turn away from that sin)? Yes

3. Are we called to admonish a sinner? Yes.

Just read Paul's second epistle to the Corinthians, it opens with a confirmation that a sinner should be admonished to help effect his/her repentance and a caution to not over do it.

Sex of ANY KIND outside of marriage is wrong! No compromising the Word of God. Consider God's Word before our parents' words even before our Pastor's words.

If you don't want to hear this from me or any of these other posters, take your case to God, Please! But, be prepared to meet the side of God that hates sin, and be prepared to go to your knees in repentance.

Of course God will accept repentance and forgive us. He promises to do that, but repentance means we don't do it any more, not that we don't do it until the next time! That is not repentance...

Guest LadyC

i don't understand why i keep seeing it said that there were no actual wedding ceremonies in the Bible... (granted, i've only read the first five pages of this thread, but up to that point, it was stated a couple of times.)

this is simply not true! wedding ceremonies did occur and were recorded in scripture!

(traditional wedding ceremony)

Matthew 22

1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,

2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

(the following is non-traditional... similar today to marrying before a justice of the peace)

Ruth 4: 9 And Boaz said unto the elders, and unto all the people, Ye are witnesses this day, that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, and all that was Chilion's and Mahlon's, of the hand of Naomi.

10 Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day.

11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem:

wedding witnessed by priest and one other individual:

Isaiah 8

1 Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.

2 And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.

3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

wedding feast as ceremonial prelude to consumation

Genesis 29

21 Then Jacob said to Laban, "Give me my wife. My time is completed, and I want to lie with her."

22 So Laban brought together all the people of the place and gave a feast. 23 But when evening came, he took his daughter Leah and gave her to Jacob, and Jacob lay with her. 24 And Laban gave his servant girl Zilpah to his daughter as her maidservant.

order of marraige and sex:

Genesis 38:2

2 There Judah met the daughter of a Canaanite man named Shua. He married her and lay with her;

note here that judah married first, then had sex.