• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Well I went no carb or sugars for 6 weeks.  It wasn't to lose weight, but to get control of blood sugar levels.  The weight loss was incredible though...went down to 115 pounds from 130 in three weeks...and it has stayed off.  I do treat myself these days, but not with high sugars.  I have a lot of great recipes for muffins and treats that taste great and are healthy.  Cheese cake became my best friend. ( very little sugar in mine) Lots of protein, eggs, nuts, whole wheat, tons of trail mix to snack on.

I was never a big meat eater, but I sure am these days. Replaced most of my carbs for protein.  And the best part was that I guess i was feeling so bad that I had no desire for sugar.  In fact I figured out that sugar was THE MAJOR contributor to my anxiety.  And before now I was totally addicted.  Donuts every day..candy...you name it, if it was sweet I ate it on an hourly basis  LOL!

These days i am very careful with sugars, but do eat some.  A body does need some sugar, just not nearly what I used to have in my daily diet :)