Nebuchadnezzar

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone ever stop and wonder how much the public (including ourselves) is being manipulated by government think tanks in their opinions about the US War on Terrorism?  So many responses people have to the issues are exactly what Big Brother wants to hear us saying.  Who should we bomb next?? Saddam Hussein, of course! The media is currently chock-full of hype and propaganda to manipulate public opinion about Iraq, so we can all feel good about it when the bombs start to fall.  Again.  Satan's greatest weapon is DECEPTION and how easily we all are decieved, especially by a multi-billiontrillion dollar media industry that is expert at manipulating the public mind, (consider advertising and the Big Sell).  What is the US government trying to sell us???  Peace? Love? Healing the sick, wounded, lost? A servant's heart? Salvation?   I don't think so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

The world is so full of Satans lies that you can't make head or tails of politics and goverments. One thing I do know though, there are like-minded people wanting to kill innocent Americans, Chriatians, Jews, disagreeing Muslims, etc., in the name of a false god named Allah. Someone somewhere has to stop these people or the carnage of innocent people will continue.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Then seek your answers in the Word of God. Come out of the world, be separate, turn off CNN. There are many Christian sources of news. This site is only one of them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Quote: from JohnS on 9:16 pm on Mar. 24, 2002

Then seek your answers in the Word of God. Come out of the world, be separate, turn off CNN. There are many Christian sources of news. This site is only one of them.

If a person seeks only their own perspective, they will be satisfied every time.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Neb,

Just a friendly word of advice. Stay away from those conspiracy websites. They mix the truth with lies. Our goverment is dispicable at times but these people add fuel to the fire with some false accusations. They lead people to frustration and unabated anger. They know just how to push your buttons. Satan loves an angry Christian. It makes him/her ineffective.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

If a person seeks only their own perspective, they will be satisfied every time.

Sorry, I thought I said to seek answers in the Word of God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

I was only trying to make a point.

The media does not report the horrific things our government has done. Only if we take a good honest look at our history can we understand why people might not like America. This is where you have to start if you really want to stop terrorism; you have to address the root causes!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Quote: from JohnS on 10:27 pm on Mar. 24, 2002

Sorry, I thought I said to seek answers in the Word of God.

If the Word of God permeates every supposed Christian news website, my apologies.

But I believe you took what I said out of context, which is what many people do with passages from the Bible, hence my belief that when looking for facts in seas of propaganda, one should expose themselves to many sources.  (My comment was really in response to yours about CNN, etc.)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  143

Re: the comment about staying away from conspiracy sites because they are full of truths mixed with lies....that's just what I am saying about mainstream media as well!  And so many people form their opinions and political views based on this 'think tank' information that is fed to us.  

I have a shortwave radio and can recieve news from all over the world, and when 9-11 happened I did some channel surfing to see how other countries were responding to the incident, and I was amazed at how homogenized all the news reports were.  It was like they all had the same press releases.

Some of these controversial news sources anger people because they EXPOSE some of the lies and it is a very hard shift to make from believing in something to being dis-illusioned by it.

Personally, I give thanks for Jesus Christ in my life, because when I got the Lord I became less interested in the details of the world situation.  I cn sit back and watch it go on with a sense of peace in my heart because I know I can claim all the promises in the Word of God.  For example, when I wrestle with my own opinions about G.Dubya, the Holy Spirit will remind me that this man is being used by God for a much larger plan than us humans could ever comprehend. I still enjoy watching the headlines and seeing the prophecies unfolding before our eyes but I give thanks for the solid Rock beneath my feet.

I just get concerned when I see Christian people so caught up in it, endless debates and political slants, keeping Satan busy :)  God bless each one of us.

Let's remember where the war really is, and who is the real terrorist here. "For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies--the evil rulers of the unseen world" Eph. 6:12, TLB