IGNORED

Losing one's humanity

Exploit

Hi,

I have been visiting this site about 2 weeks, and I have found some posts to be intriguing, others to be controversial, and furthermore some to be v. informative. In particular I am noting a news paper article found in the washington post of which Freedom drew our attention to. It was written by Charles Krauthammer, and I thought it to be amazing considering the world press has little love for Israel and her presence in the mid East. It would appear that there are some people on this discussion board who have a great knowledge of the mid East.

I was pondering on this thought, whilst studying for exams about the ability of a human to lose his/her own humanity. By that I mean losing the essence of one's morality. Or perhaps losing the simple ability to value human life no matter whether it be a serial killer on death row, or the most loved celebrity on the silver screen. I was applying this to the Israel/Palestinian (Arab) situation and I think this is the underlying root cause as I have mentioned before on previous posts.

There is one truth, as there is one God. The truth does not sit on the fence nor does she sway to the winds of reasons offered up by the generations of people who come and go. The truth stands firm, and unmoved. I myself believe in the truth as set in the Holy Bible as given to me by the nation of Israel, who under the strict instructions of their God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, kept every letter and every line, and every phrase exactly as He had commanded, without altering by adding or taking away a single thing.

One of the great truths is God's love for His chosen people. He had great love for them, and He provided for them a land of their own amongst the godless nations. The chosen land is not anywhere as big in geographic proportions to the lands of which Esau's lineage inherited, and it was in this tiny allotment of land that Israel inherited. The promised land, is the land of Israel's period. This is the truth, and the truth can not be compromised because if it were to be compromised, then the God of Israel would be a liar, and He is not a liar.

Obviously there are great number of people in this world who hate this truth. Many say that the bible is not valid enough, and nor should we use it as a major justification for Israel's right to the promised land. Many people are unwilling to place their trust in the bible, even though this book is the number one best seller in the world, and even though it has been universally loved, (and condemened) and has stood the tests of time, way longer than any other text. Rather people are willing to place their trust in a whole plethora of "politically" correct opinions mostly issued forth by the UN.

Israel is fighting a battle to exist. She is fighting a battle against all the nations surrounding her. She is fighting for the right to live and breathe in the promised land. Granted that Israel will undertake some serious measures to secure the safety of her citizens, serious situations call for serious measures. I have not as yet (correct me if I'm wrong) seen any Israeli children going out to the front lines or to the borders seperating Palestinian (Arab) refugee camps and pick up rocks to throw. I have heard of settlers taking the law into their own hands and picking up a gun to kill Palestinians, but they have been dealt with severely by the Israeli Defence Forces, and the justice system in Israel. Is Arafat serious when he arrests palestinian terrorists, no...he lets them out a day after they've been captured...it's called the "revolving door" phenomenon.

What alarms me is not so much that there is hurting on both sides, because that is to be expected in war. When you engage in military combat that is what is expected. But what alarms me is the lack of human morality on the palestinian side. What alarms me is that Israel is confronting a whole nation (palestinian) of people who have lost their moral humanity. It has been made increasingly apparant to me that the palestinians and the muslim arabs in general take delight in the death and suffering of their "enemies". They actually dance in the streets when Israelis get killed.

Whilst Israel certainly has errors and faults, and human rights abuses, it is nothing in comparison to the absolute griveous lack of humanity on the palestinian side. One might say that this is because of the Israeli occupation...but if you were to look honestly at the situation it is not the Israeli occupation that is killing the palestinians but Arafat's military dictatorship which is killing his people. it is surprising how the world can condemn the only democratic nation in the mid East but yet turn a blind eye to the appalling lack of government on the palestinian side.

The palestinian lack of humanity, and lack of moral decency is something that is reminiscent of many of Israel's worst enemies. Like the philistines who taunted Israel night and day before David came along to prove a point, Israel is again being mocked by the people who bear the Roman version of that name. Do you seriously think that the God of Israel does not hear His people's suffering...is the memory of mankind so bad as to forget what happened to Egypt who had persecuted Israel non stop and kept them in bondage. The cries of God's chosen people reached His ears, and He heard of their sufferings because of the Egyptian taskmasters.

I believe in every single world of the bible, and there are too many references which caution the gentile nations on their treatment of Israel. The God of Israel sees and hears all things, and like nations before us, the God of Israel gave them fair chance and fair warning. The palestinians can assert all they want, and in the process lose every aspect of their moral human decency until they become nothing but animals but it changes nothing. What remains is that God had determined long before Arafat came onto the scene where His chosen people would live.

Turn around palestinians, turn back that you might live. There is no reason for you to do this at all. As the God of Israel once said "let my people go" and He is giving you plenty of warning and plenty of chances. If a great calamity befalls your head, it will be because you rejected the hand of peace that was held out to you time and time again, because of the hatred you have inside. The violence you perperate will come to visit you, and when you reap what you sew will there be palestinians left to tell of what had happened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Amen,

I think it was Franklin Graham who said." The difference between Christianity and Islam is that. Allah desires that you sacrifice your son for salvation. While G-d provides his own son for your salvation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just like Abraham getting ready to sacrifice his son Issac.G-d provided. These Muslims profess to be sons of Abraham.They understand not a whit of Abrahams G-d.

Peace :inlove: Amen

Hi,

Neat way of putting it. It would appear that this is so, for there is enough evidence to point this out. America found out on 9/11, australia found it out on 10/12, so perhaps the nations of this world might realize what Israel has known for so long.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

<Deleted>

Whilst Israel certainly has errors and faults, and human rights abuses,

<Deleted>

What are you using as proof of the above statement?

<Deleted>

Whilst Israel certainly has errors and faults, and human rights abuses,

<Deleted>

What are you using as proof of the above statement?

Hi,

Well I think in relation to that question, to say that Israel had no errors and no faults, and human rights abuses is to intimate that Israel is perfect. Is any perfect in the sight of the God of Israel???? No! She is not perfect, and I am sure you would sense that just from reading the bible.

When you have war, I guess you have lots of abuses being perpertrated on both sides. To be perfectly truthful with you I have no proof on me, though I am sure that if you dig you could find some pretty nasty stuff. The palestinians hurl human right's abuses at Prime Minister Sharon all the time over the war in lebanon in '82 I think. But if you want my opinion about it and how I feel about it, I feel greatly that Israel is made to perpertrate "crimes" because of the inciteful hatred of the palestinians, of which I have made it quite clear in this posting.

I stand with Israel shoulder to shoulder, come what may or what world opinion says, in the end my heart belongs to Israel because I love the God of Israel. But at the same time despite my love for Israel it neither blinds me to the reality that sometimes she does do things that are not all that fantastic "to write home about".

Other than that I would say Long Live Israel forever!!!

Well I think in relation to that question, to say that Israel had no errors and no faults, and human rights abuses is to intimate that Israel is perfect. Is any perfect in the sight of the God of Israel???? No! She is not perfect, and I am sure you would sense that just from reading the bible.

When you have war, I guess you have lots of abuses being perpertrated on both sides. To be perfectly truthful with you I have no proof on me, though I am sure that if you dig you could find some pretty nasty stuff. The palestinians hurl human right's abuses at Prime Minister Sharon all the time over the war in lebanon in '82 I think. But if you want my opinion about it and how I feel about it, I feel greatly that Israel is made to perpertrate "crimes" because of the inciteful hatred of the palestinians, of which I have made it quite clear in this posting.

I stand with Israel shoulder to shoulder, come what may or what world opinion says, in the end my heart belongs to Israel because I love the God of Israel. But at the same time despite my love for Israel it neither blinds me to the reality that sometimes she does do things that are not all that fantastic "to write home about".

Other than that I would say Long Live Israel forever!!!

Glad you responded, however, I don't see how you could logically reach your conclusion.

Basically, your answer starts out with the assumption Israel is not perfect and ends with stating that she is probably guilty of human rights violations, even though you admit you have no proof of this.

Glad you responded, however, I don't see how you could logically reach your conclusion.

Basically, your answer starts out with the assumption Israel is not perfect and ends with stating that she is probably guilty of human rights violations, even though you admit you have no proof of this.

I do not see how "Not perfect" = "Guilty of human rights violations".  I find that too much of a jump to make without proof of some sort.

Hi,

I do believe that if one digs, one could find situations where Israel has contravened international law regarding human rights. Why is it unreasonable to suggest that being "not perfect" could not equate to "guilty of human rights violations"? Also remember, that whilst Israel is the chosen people of God, she is still blinded. She does not know her God, nor does she want to know Him as is quite evident by the large majority of secular Jews in Israel.

I am sure that if you dig on the internet, you could find some instances wherein Israel has been heavy handed. But that to me is not the essence of what I am driving at on this posting. Essentially we have a war between the Palestinians and the Israeli's, and what I was concentrating on was the difference in the humanity shown by Israel, and the "lack" of humanity shown by the Palestinians.

Hi,

This comes from the talmud, and I think this pretty much states in one neat sentence what Israel's attitude to life is...

He who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire.