IGNORED

if i'm not baptised and i die

lnknprkn

Guest firefromheaven

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

All good reasons to get baptized. Are you in him? Have you put him on? Did you recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost?

There is a baptism of blood which is the Spirit of Christ coming into our spirit and causeing what was once dead unto God; to be alive unto Him. Is our cleansing and washing away of our sin nature. This causes a response in us to be baptized in water. Is a desire that wells up in the believer and is birthed by Holy Spirit within. Is the picture to us and to the world that we have entered into another. And taken literally from one kingdom to another in the spiritual realm. Is so simple that we think we need to make it heavy. Once we have been baptized in water, we can look back at that happening and say to doubt, the darts of the enemy; I am His and this is what He has done in me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What you need to do, is profess Jesus as Lord and accept him as your Savior.

The pure "act" of baptism does not save, but it is the accepting of Christ that saves.

If you have recieved Chrsit, you will most likely feel that you were baptised, but if you are not sure you were, or you wish to make a new public commitment, then you may.

Guest hubertdorm
What you need to do, is profess Jesus as Lord and accept him as your Savior.

The pure "act" of baptism does not save, but it is the accepting of Christ that saves.

If you have recieved Chrsit,  you will most likely feel that you were baptised, but if you are not sure you were, or you wish to make a new public commitment, then you may.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many accept Christ in baptism.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

What must you do to be saved? Follow Jesus.

Baptism is an act of obedience and should be done but ultimately, it is the heart God looks at. The theif on the cross never had a chance to be baptised.

Man looks on the outside; God looks at the heart.

If you have the opportunity, I would seek baptism in an act of obedience but follow Christ in love and devotion. Pick up your cross and follow Him.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

Well you wern't baptized when you were 2 years old, you were sprinkled or what have you. The thing is, is that you need a knowledege of your faith before you are baptized, and only immersion in water is baptism, which comes from the greek word "baptizo" literally meaning to be "immersed in fluid" Old time taylors used to "baptize" thier clothing in dye to colour them, litteraly immersing them in dye.

The bible is clear about the nessesity of believers baptism, look at the account in acts 8 with philip and the Eunach.

Is baptism nessary for salvation? I belvie it is once we have a knowldege of the truth, which brings accountablity to follow God's word. If by chance you don't have the oppertunity to get immersied and you die then No one here can be the judge of weather or not you will see the kingdom, Christ alone will judge at his second comming. We can't tell you for certian weather or not you will be saved (or I will or my friend or anyone) because we don't make that deciision, all I can tell you is that God's word is clear about being immered in water after you come to a knowledge of his will...

take care, my advice, read the bible thoroughly and dayly. God bless.

Guest hubertdorm
Well you wern't baptized when you were 2 years old, you were sprinkled or what have you. The thing is, is that you need a knowledege of your faith before you are baptized, and only immersion in water is baptism, which comes from the greek word "baptizo" literally meaning to be "immersed in fluid" Old time taylors used to "baptize" thier clothing in dye to colour them, litteraly immersing them in dye.

The bible is clear about the nessesity of believers baptism, look at the account in acts 8 with philip and the Eunach.

Is baptism nessary for salvation? I belvie it is once we have a knowldege of the truth, which brings accountablity to follow God's word. If by chance you don't have the oppertunity to get immersied and you die then No one here can be the judge of weather or not you will see the kingdom, Christ alone will judge at his second comming. We can't tell you for certian weather or not you will be saved (or I will or my friend or anyone) because we don't make that deciision, all I can tell you is that God's word is clear about being immered in water after you come to a knowledge of his will...

take care, my advice, read the bible thoroughly and dayly. God bless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is why I say instead of debating the topic which may confuse the starter, lnknprkn, the solution (imo) is to be baptized for conscience. No one has anything against baptism? Then be baptized and there won't be a debate.

I agree in not starting a debate, I was mearling laying out principals of biblical baptism.

The main point is that no one here can be the judge of anyone's salvation, baptized or otherwise, but I suggest that baptism is fundimental in our walk with Christ...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

Do you go to hell if not baptized prior to dying? Absolutely not.

There is only one story that I need to point to in Scripture that will clear this up. The thief on the cross said to Jesus, "Remember me when you enter your kingdom." What did Jesus say back? "TODAY you shall be with me in paradise." He did not come down off of the cross to baptize that man but when I get to Heaven, he will be there.

Remember, baptism is like a wedding ring. It is an outward sign of our inward relationship. The Bible does place great importance on baptism by immersion into water, but I have been unable to find any evidence that would give rise to it being required for Salvation.

In Him.

Well actually according to ROmans 6 first seven verses already pointed out,

the thief WAS baptized, for he literaly was buried with christ in a death like his, but even if that was not the case, baptism into CHRIST has to be shared with his death so we share in a ressurection like his, but all those who were baptized BEFORE christ died were not baptized into his name, but for repentence sake, read Acts 19, after christ died it was possible to be baptized into a death and ressureciton like his, so either way you look at it, the thief was either baptized by sharing the death of christ or it wouldn't matter due to acts 19 and the fact that christ did not die and ressurected yet.

peace.