lnknprkn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i haven't been baptized i think.. i was baptized in vietnam when i was about two years old

anyways, don't i have to get baptized again or sometihng like that? what happens if i dont?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

If you don't accept God into your life and give yourself to Him then I believe you will not be in Heaven when you pass. Being baptised doesn't mean you will go to Heaven. It's your faith in God and giving yourself to Him.

Guest hubertdorm

Many people who are baptized will not be saved. Their baptism got them wet, and that was all. Many people believe in God and his son Jesus but they will not be saved either. Their faith is a waste.

Here is my advice. Read what the accounts in the Bible in which someone wanted to know what must be done to inherit eternal life.

"What must I do to be saved?"

"What must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What shall we do?"

There is only one path of salvation. But there are many elements essential to that path. You cannot simply throw out the ones that you don't like. Remember that the Bible will never contradict itself. The plan of salvation is something that can be understood for God has such desire for men to turn to him.

Guest hubertdorm

Oh, and be baptized. It's not going to hurt you. Then, regardless of whether it is necessary unto salvation or not, you'll be in full confidence.

Oh the controversy that would be ended of people just did as the apostles did!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

lnknprkn, if there is a question in your mind about it, then get baptized. If it is on your mind then you should do it and not give any more thought to it.

Now whether or not you will go to hell if you don't is another question, and one that would be a gamble that would be crazy to take. Getting baptized is a simple thing to do so do it and be sure.

I personally don't think being baptized at two is the same as being baptized when you are older and understand what is going on and why you are being baptized, but that is just my belief. I am not positive that one must be baptized at all, but would never bet eternity on it when the act of baptism is such a simple thing to do.

se

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

If your parents had you baptized as an infant, good for them! (And I'm sure it was good for you too.) Although I believe your baptism is quite valid, you still must personally come to a full faith in Jesus Christ for yourself. If being baptized again is required for your conscience sake, then, although I believe it is not necessary, then by all means be baptized again. I just don't see how you could become an 'unbaptized person'......

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There is nothing in the bible about being baptized to go to heaven. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." For by faith are you saved, not of works lest any man should boast". There dozens of verses like that. Baptism is what we do to follow Jesus example but our salvation doesn't depend on it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

i haven't been baptized i think.. i was baptized in vietnam when i was about two years old

anyways, don't i have to get baptized again or sometihng like that? what happens if i dont?

Greetings Inknprkn,

I believe most of the answers given are reasonable and relevant, but this is something that the Holy Spirit will impress upon you to do. I know, I've been there. So if you are questioning it, perhaps the Holy Spirit is leading you to be baptized. It is very important to have a deep love for the Word of God, for it is what the Holy Spirit uses to speak to you. The more Word you have in you, the easier it becomes to "hear" the Holy Spirit.

I quit trusting in man a long time ago and when I have a pressing question, I first take it to the Lord. Then so that I am not deceived by my own thoughts or perhaps deceived by the enemy, I listen to my "counselors". If those whom I do trust to some degree, agree or disagree, they help me to make up my mind either pro or con or to go back to God for clarification.

So take what you hear from men with a grain of salt, but rest in Christ and His word and the Holy Spirit and they will not lead you wrong.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Baptism is an outward showing of an inward change :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I was baptized as an infant, but after being saved, I was led to be baptized again. I agree with whomever said it: if you are questioning whether or not to be baptized, then perhaps the Spirit is leading you to be re-baptized.