How would you handle this?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

New barbers, cosmetologists, stylists, any service for that matter need their own customer base. He is getting his by not doing it in a professional manner.Also, if Steve has names and numbers, call all his customes he can. One more idea, maybe Steve could go to other businesses in his former area and let them know that he has moved, not retired. Maybe they could pass the word. Hang in there, Rusty. :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

New barbers, cosmetologists, stylists, any service for that matter need their own customer base. He is getting his by not doing it in a professional manner.Also, if Steve has names and numbers, call all his customes he can. One more idea, maybe Steve could go to other businesses in his former area and let them know that he has moved, not retired. Maybe they could pass the word. Hang in there, Rusty.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Hey Faithie :24: GREAT to see how things have gone well for you and your husband :24: The truth always comes out in the wash, or so we say here.

Love ya Sis!!

Faithie :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

A television ad might help. I know they can be a bit pricey. One other alternative is to get one of your local news stations to do a story on the shop. Another thing I always mention to small buisiness owners, to get new buisness, is to get a coupon in the welcome packets the Chamber of Commerce sends out.

But as far as the deception by the man who purchased your old shop, I would definately confront him as Matthew 18:15-20 outlines. I don't see where the customers could ever be part of the sale. The location, property and the name of the company are all the buyer gets. In the end his lies will be his undoing.

Guest hubertdorm

The outline of confrontation in Matthew is intended for use between believers, and only works between believers.

Suppose you go to this John character and he doesn't admit to anything, or informs you that he will continue to lie. What then? Are you going to go get another person? Who will it be, another believer?

And if he doesn't listen still, are you going to drag him to church so that he can be confronted?

Is John himself even a Christian? I am not to say that it was not in the will of God to sell the business to John, but believers must use extra caution when entering into business deals with unbelievers. Paul warned us about compromising in relationships.