• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I don't become too worried about memorizing. I've found, for myself, that when I am diligent at spending time in the Word daily, that the Holy Spirit will bring to mind scriptures that I've read when I need them. Even if I didn't make the effort to memorize that particular scripture. He gives us what we need when we need it.

I endorse spending time memorizing scriptures though!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Gosh, my memory is terrible. The best way I've always used to remember Scritpure is to write the whole thing out (including the reference) and say it a few times, then scribble (or erase) one word at a time and try to say it with the blanks. Keep doing that until it's almost all blank, and then ultimately all gone.

I very rarely remember an entire verse 100% accurately or get the reference exactly right...but I usually remember about where to find it, so that's better than nothing I figure :blink:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Gosh, my memory is terrible. The best way I've always used to remember Scritpure is to write the whole thing out (including the reference) and say it a few times, then scribble (or erase) one word at a time and try to say it with the blanks. Keep doing that until it's almost all blank, and then ultimately all gone.

I very rarely remember an entire verse 100% accurately or get the reference exactly right...but I usually remember about where to find it, so that's better than nothing I figure :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's great Tess! It shows your heart and your willingness to commit the Word to your mind. That helps us in having the mind of Christ! Good on ya!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I don't become too worried about memorizing.  I've found, for myself, that when I am diligent at spending time in the Word daily, that the Holy Spirit will bring to mind scriptures that I've read when I need them.  Even if I didn't make the effort to memorize that particular scripture.  He gives us what we need when we need it.

I endorse spending time memorizing scriptures though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A-MEN!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I have found the following site to be helpful.

http://www.memoryverses.org/

It is nice to see different peoples different ideas on the subject. Keep them coming. :blink: