IGNORED

The Bottomless Pit is Opened

Guest Freshoil

Guest Freshoil

REVELATION 9:1-2 SAYS,And the fifth angel sounded,and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth:and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.2.And he opened the bottomless pit;and there arose a smoke out of the pit,as the smoke of a great furnance;and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

The fifth angel lifts his trumpet to his lips and blows.The loud blast of the trumpet echoes through the heavens.The first thing John sees is a star falling to the earth.This star is not a star from the heavens,but it is symbolic of a person.

To whom was the key to the bottomless pit given?It was given to the star.This star is a divine agent,possibly an angelic being,who has been dispatched to the earth on a special mission.He has been authorized to unlock the bottomless pit.

Later,in chapter 11,verse seven,John sees the Antichrist who ascends out of this same pit.In chapter 20,verses one to three,John watches as an angel descends from heaven,binds Satan in chains and cast him into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.

As this angel opens the bottomless pit,smoke billows forth like the smoke from a gigantic furnance.The smoke is so thick that the sun and sky are darkened by it.

To be contiuned

GOD BLESS

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The ninth chapter of the Book of Revelation has always had a deep fascination with me, and I am interested in hearing what other members might say about it.

What are the scorpions here? In keeping with my general interpretation of Revelation, I believe that the scorpions represent the immense Islamic armies which conquered the Middle East from about A.D. 630 to A.D. 780. These two years are end-points for a 150-year period, and 150 years could be regarded as "five months" = 150 days. The Muslim conquest was already going strong when Muhammad died (in 632), and continued until the start of the reign of Hauroun al-Rashid in Baghdad in 784.

Locust plagues are prevalent in the desert and semi-arid climates of the Middle East and northern Africa. The demonic locusts in Revelation chapter nine are similar in some respects to terrestrial locusts, but they are endowed with the stinging capability of scorpions. Not only that, these scorpions are expressly commanded to torment only those persons who do NOT have the seal of God's grace on them. It remains to be seen how this feature should be connected with the Islamic armies of the seventh and eighth centuries of our era.

It should be pointed out that the Islamic concept of hell includes punishment with scorpions in addition to punishment with fire. It is possible that the support for this Islamic concept came indirectly from the ninth chapter of Revelation.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do the scorpions represent in the fifth and sixth Trumpets? (Actually they are locusts.)

It is a primary premise of biblical interpretation that the Bible interprets itself. So let