apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you, I am a benefactor of the services of TSA. I was actually raised next door to TSA. One day a woman saw me riding my bike around the neighborhood, which wasn't very safe, and I was 5. So she asked me if I would like to come next door and meet some new friends. I have never left. I joined their character building programs, then started going to church, then became a member, and 7 years ago became ordained as a minister in the Salvation Army. God has blessed me so, and I pray God's blessing and guiding hand always stay on TSA.

I feel like it is my REAL family, and I am quite protective, because it was there when no one else was, and by God's guidance and providence, they helped resuce me from a potentially awful life. God is so amazing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

:) I was one of those new friends Shelby met! And I am soo grateful as well! She is such a blessing to my life...words can't properly express...

Ok, enough sappiness!! lol! (I'm getting all emotional!)

Anyway, my parents are officers (ordained ministers) in The Salvation Army. I was born into it as my church home. My dad comes from a VERY poor family. His mother had 13 children, (4 died very young), of which he is the youngest. His father died when he was only 6 weeks old. They lived in a one room house in the Upper pennisula of Michigan (very cold in winter) with no indoor plumbing. The Salvation Army reached out and helped his family. Not only with material things, but emotionally and most importantly spiritually as well. My dad remembers coming home from a service when he was sixteen and talking to his mom about it and then kneeling down beside her chair and accepting the Lord. That is what he was most grateful to the Army about. Introducing him to God. He met my mother in seminary for The Salvation Army.

Granted, people in The Army can be stupid and make bad decisions, but that happens in any given group. Are things perfect? No, but the intentions and motivations are out of a love of Christ and a desire to do His will. That is why I am still here (a part of the Army). When I see kids (teens) make a decision to follow Christ...when I hug a teary eyed mother who is able to pick out christmas gifts for her kids, when that seemed impossible, when I hear testimonies of men who were strung out on drugs, but now cleaned up and helping others in that situation, I am grateful for the Lord and to be a part of something that strives to follow Him and bring hope, healing, and a new life to others.

Sorry to ramble on so much like an infomercial, but I am being very sincere. Thanks for listening!