• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, HeartSearcher said:

You only live once that's the motto- or at least it is for those who live by it. Many people say yolo but don't live by yolo however there are those who do people who go all out in life they literally live everyday as if it's there last day many are not even Christians but they do everything they can they experience everything they can and they give it their all they live by yolo.

The reason this is what they is because many people are content to sit around and do nothing all day they are alive but they don't live but for these few who live by yolo being still and not living life is worse than death.

Yolo is something we as Christians more than anyone must learn to understand for after all the spirit moves it does not sit still and do nothing. Just something to ponder:)

Once we understand that time is at a premium it can give more vigor to how we live, or it can terrify us.  Life is really short, I am 68 and it has gone by like 'snap'.  Yolo means a certain level of awareness about life has to be understood.  It can also bring about life changes that can be frightful for some.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

I sometimes wonder about Anna the prophetess...

And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin, and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem.
(Luk 2:36-38)

Let's say Anna married at 16 and was married 7 years then she became a widow at 23. So she remained at the Temple, night and day, until she was 84.

I was wondering how this fits in with YOLO? (especially in the eyes of 'active' Americans).

I think she understood fully what life is for and was perhaps living out her unique calling as a witness for other Jews of her time.  Perhaps it was a common custom as well. 

Guest BacKaran

Hi, I asked sister once how her life was going. She replied.. Living the dream!

I thought deeply about how sad that is. She's living for herself and family, not for God.

In my family instead of compassion or empathy, they respond with sarcastic jokes. Ha that's just karan... Or well, you chose the path your on....a dig at my past sins they can't forget..

My family is very selfish. Self centered and worldly as they pretend to do church.

I'm deeply saddened they have hard hearts and they think I'm the weird lost one because I told them all I'm living my life for Christ.

They ostracize me which is fine since they are toxic to me but I still pray they will turn to Jesus, that's all I can do.

You only live once should remind the saved there is a job to do, to get the Gospel message out, then we're step back and let the Holy Spirit water the seeds were planted.

Everyday I'm living in joy no matter how bad my health is, or im poor as i am compared to anyone else financially yet I'm am very blessed as I turn to Jesus as I go about my day.

Maranantha, come Lord Jesus!

Blessings karan.?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

30 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Hi, I asked sister once how her life was going. She replied.. Living the dream!

I thought deeply about how sad that is. She's living for herself and family, not for God.

In my family instead of compassion or empathy, they respond with sarcastic jokes. Ha that's just karan... Or well, you chose the path your on....a dig at my past sins they can't forget..

My family is very selfish. Self centered and worldly as they pretend to do church.

I'm deeply saddened they have hard hearts and they think I'm the weird lost one because I told them all I'm living my life for Christ.

They ostracize me which is fine since they are toxic to me but I still pray they will turn to Jesus, that's all I can do.

You only live once should remind the saved there is a job to do, to get the Gospel message out, then we're step back and let the Holy Spirit water the seeds were planted.

Everyday I'm living in joy no matter how bad my health is, or im poor as i am compared to anyone else financially yet I'm am very blessed as I turn to Jesus as I go about my day.

Maranantha, come Lord Jesus!

Blessings karan.?

I am in the same boat. I am the only Christian in my family and my house is a very unchrist like environment there is all kinds of cussing all kinds of disgusting vulger sexual jokes that makes your stomach turn and no one understands me  but take heart karan for the light Shines the brightest in the dark