• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Johan Abrahams said:

Prayer . . .our communion with God.  The heart of everything.  God and meeting with Him.  Obviously it gets better as we grow more in Him.  The older we get (in the Spirit)the more we understand and the more we can enjoy and do.

1Pe 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 

Here we grow till the fullness.

ph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: 

Here also lies the true understanding of man.  Only God really understands him and only He can give understanding as we are growing in the life which He wants . . His very own.  Here, comparing, what was and what is. . .we see and understand well.  And here we come to understand more and more that human life is sinful, beyond restoration.  Only one solution - death!  The human heart is deceitful and only godly life will satisfy and only the godly heart of God can be the goal of our worship. Only there we live and only there we pray!

And only there we find true union with others!

Well said,

The human heart is deceitful and only godly life will satisfy and only the godly heart of God can be the goal of our worship. Only there we live and only there we pray!

Peace

Mark

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Johan Abrahams said:

'I really need to work on my prayer-life as it's really in the ruts these days. I don't have the discipline that I used to have or always wanted.'

We all have that prayer . . .to reach what we see in the communion of Jesus with His Father.  But to have that we need to acknowledge the word.

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 

This is done by the Word of God:

1Pe 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 

By the Word we were born again and by the Word we grow.  Creation power is only in the Word.  We and the best of our strife is worthless to attain what God meant for us!

So let us keep on growing!

Thanks for the quotes from Ephesians, that is probably my favorite Epistle....there is so much to pray over and ponder.  

Peace
Mark