• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  627
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  696
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

TISHA ‘B’AV , WHY? HOW?*

…Tisha’B’Av, or the “9th of Av” , falls on August 1st, 2017 this year. It is a time of sadness, sorrow,* The question begins with “Eiha? (how) and “Lamah” (why?).* The book of Lamentations begins with “Eiha” (how) “How alone she sits, the city (Jerusalem) once great with people….” It is customary to read the five chapters of Lamentations during this time.

…..The voice of Yirimyahu (Jeremiah) after the destruction of the 1st Beit HaMikdash (Temple) and the city of Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 586 B.C.E the destruction culminated on the 9th of Av, (Tish’B”Av) This date marks the tragedies of many destructions in the history of Am Israel. Here’s a list, the destruction of the 1st temple is the first.

…..70 A.D. the Roman emperor Titus, destroys the second temple and murders millions of Israel’s inhabitants and 100,000 taken captive to Rome, those taken captive to Rome are used as sport in the arena, and others served as slaves.* Many others from Jerusalem fled the country, going to Europe, Africa, and other parts of the world.

…..1095 A.D.* Crusades, started by the church in Europe, main goal to kick the moors out of Jerusalem, many crusaders were anti-Semitic, during this time, 40% of Europe’s Jew’s were destroyed, one important event happened in Mainz, Germany.* There were 700 Jews living in that city at that time.* They sought refuge in a large church to be protected from the crusading murderers.* The Bishop at that time was kind and accepted to hide the Jews in the church.* The Jews had given the Bishop all their valuables in exchange.* To no avail.* The crusaders entered Mainz, discovered their hiding place, murdered all of them including the Bishop.* Some say that the Jews there committed suicide rather than falling into the hands of the crusaders.

…..1478* The start of the Spanish inquisition by Pope Nicolas, many Jews had to renounce their faith and accept Christianity, if not, they would be tortured and killed.* This of course is not “real Christianity” rather “Pseudo or false Christianity.* Those who were genuine/real believers and followers of Jesus, would never do such atrocities against God’s anointed people.

…..1492* The expulsion of the Jews from Spain on the 9th of Av.* Many went to England and to other countries in Europe, later on, many came to the Americas and settled in Mexico, Central and South America.* By that time, many families had lost their Jewish identity, but now, many are finding it again.

…..1635* “Pogroms” or persecutions against the Jewish people starts in Poland

…..1939* *The “holocaust” or “Shoah” begins in Nazi Germany.* Result? We all know, 6,000,000 Jewish people were killed by forced labor, starvation, and just “shot or gassed” in the concentration camps, just for being Jews.

…..1978* 11 Palestinians land in a small Kibutz in Israel by sea. They hijacked a bus, killed the driver and drove towards Tel Aviv. On the way to Tel Aviv, they used weapons fire and* threw hand grenades out the windows at people on the street, and the result was 38 Israelis killed.

…..2012* A rabbi in Rutherford, N.J. was at home during the night with his wife and 5 children.* An arab boy outside threw a molotov bomb through the living room window to kill the family and burn down the synagogue that was part of the house. (Molotov bomb: a glass bottle filled with gasoline and a rag, the rag is lighted and the bottle is thrown).*

* *During the time of Tisha b’Av many will sing this* song;

* *“Look from the heavens and see, we have become an object of scorn and contempt among the nations.* We are regarded as sheep to the slaughter, to be killed, beaten and destroyed.* But despite this, we have not forgotten your name, we beg you not to forget us!”

…..We regard this time as a time of sadness and grief, but we must also remember this time as a time of survival, and a time to get out of “spiritual exile” It is a time to “return home to Abba” a time of “teshuvah”.* Our ancestors in ancient Israel committed spiritual adultery, going after pagan gods, went away from the ways of Torah, despite of the warnings of God, God looked down and warned our people, finally, the punishment ensued yet Elohim has not and will NEVER reject his people, the remnant that survived is now in the millions, in every nation of the world.* It is time to return, return to G-d, return to the ways of his Torah, return to the “Living Torah”

*Ben Avraham

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/2/2017 at 8:58 PM, Jacob Ben Avraham said:

TISHA ‘B’AV , WHY? HOW?*

…Tisha’B’Av, or the “9th of Av” , falls on August 1st, 2017 this year. It is a time of sadness, sorrow,* The question begins with “Eiha? (how) and “Lamah” (why?).* The book of Lamentations begins with “Eiha” (how) “How alone she sits, the city (Jerusalem) once great with people….” It is customary to read the five chapters of Lamentations during this time.

Matthew 27:46–47 (AV)
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.

HaShem has an absolute will. But he also makes concessions, the monarchy in Yisro'el for example (1 Samuel 8). 

But his dealings with the temporal realm / beings ←(that's us) runs into a few snags along the way (namely our ability to choose).

Avram could have chosen not to pack up and leave Ur. He could have chosen not to exile Yshmo'el. He could have chosen not to akidah

Yitzhak.

When klal Yisro'el cried our for hamelech, HaShem granted them their request and put Shaul (haBenyami) on the throne (despite the nabiy b' Ya'acov) Bereshith 49:10.

The point I am making is that temporal events on occasion cloud eternal purposes. 

HaShem directed Moishe to construct the miskan according to exacting specifications...

Hebrews 8:5 (AV)
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

No such mention is made of Dovid or Shlomo about Beit HaMikdash. In fact, HaShem discourages it's construction (outright denies it to Dovid).

Contrast: Dovid's "You are not the man to build me a house" with "You are the man who stole the poor man's lamb." ←(BatSheva)

This is not to bash the temple  or Jews or whatever offense could be dreamed up by obstructionists. This is to say God's eternal purposes were better suited for his detailed plans rather than man's. Surprise surprise... this is ALWAYS the case.

A temple that can never be destroyed**, never defiled, never anchored to one spot on planet Earth so that worship / sacrifice could ever be abated.

Observe:

2 Samuel 7:12–13 (AV)
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Zechariah 6:12–13 (AV)
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

The temple builder God intended is HaMoshiakh.

Matthew 16:18 (AV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Set aside the arguments about Peter (petra / petros) and certainly what the Roman Catholics made of it and focus on what he said about building the temple:

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

An argument could be made that this is the ULTIMATE fulfillment of the prophecies. Granted.

I would say it is the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecies DESPITE human interference along the way (which God DID concede to as he DID the monarchy).

Biggest hints in scripture this is true IMHO are the references to HaShem establishing the kingdom of the builder FOREVER. Neither historic house nor historic kingdom survived this test of time.

** Tisha B'Av could only happen with a man made temple.

This is not to bash anyone or anything.

Nor is it to open old wounds and rub salt on them.

It is to point out where HUMANITY (not just Yisro'el) erred.

God DID tell Zerubbabel to RE-build the temple (because, again, God conceded to deal with Yisro'el on those terms).

Before the temple complex was established by Dovid (who had the best of intentions), the priesthood / sanhedrin were pretty much in flux.

The conditions of the tabernacle (in ruins) was the literal focus and the building of a new more permanent structure... 

But along with the complex was the reassembling of the very body of priests and elders who denied the Holy One of Yisro'el.

My point?

Man's tampering has drastic damning consequences.

What if the Messiah came and the leaders of the people embraced him?

Alas...

Mark 7:7–13 (AV)
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Which is what the Church Organization Global Complex has been doing for 1500 years now.

The Temple has not stood for 1950 years.

It will be rebuilt in the time of Jacob's Trouble. And it will be defiled by the beast.

Jewish elation for the Temple is echoed by the Gentile elation for the Church organization. So, these words are not popular, but they are true. They may even offend (and I truly regret that).  The point is, all our elation should be for Messiah alone.