• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I live near the ocean so I like to go to the rocks and face the water to talk to our father. He can here us no matter where we are but I find I can here better without the distractions around my house or neighborhood.

God is GREAT :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just to throw it out there. I dont pray on any schedule. I wait as God lays things on my heart. Though I have times where something really lays heavy on my heart, be it someone's pain that God allows me to feel some heavy grief, which then invokes some words from me to the Lord. Or a certain person that God reminds me of, and I pray for their well being. Or a prayer that God might even lead me to, be it frustration I'm going through, which results in me asking of Him, and His work being fulfilled, or whatever, I find that I am always fellowshipping with my Lord! And I don't believe that there is any one solution or schedule that is going to work for everyone.

Some people work in schedules. And I believe that God makes them to operate this way. Still, there are other people, who just cant operate like that. (Thats me lol) Things must have a sense of naturnalness and spontaneighity. And I encourage you to find out how you work in the Lord as you grow. God doesnt need me to speak to Him, think-talk to Him, or me to do anything for Him to work. He knows the hairs on my head. And He knows my needs before I speak. I believe that there are prayers. And then I believe that there are prayers that come from God as He puts them in our hearts and minds. And these are the things that we can ask for and rest assured that they are heard and work. Because they have their origin in Him. :cool:

Now don't anyone get me wrong, I'm not saying to not pray. Especially if you are someone who has a strong prayer life that operates more on a schedule. I'm just saying, for some, if you allow God to work the prayers in you, you WILL find yourself in prayer, and that in many of moments throughout the day. At work, while at a cafe, whenever, wherever. You will find that you are praying and communicating with the Lord. And that without your own effort. It's a natural turning of the mind done by the Spirit, and a ministering to your being that He leads you to.

So many people think that praying means... talking... and that non-stop. Think about a husband and a wife. A wifes tendancy is to talk, A LOT LOL :P . But sometimes (hope I dont sound harsh here) a man would rather His wife be quiet. I tend to think that this is a picture of what we are to the Lord in our prayer life with Him. Be quiet, and just trust in Him to lead us to those prayers that come from Him. He doesn't need us to "ramble on and on" all the time. Quiet your mind. Rest in His grace. And let Him speak. You will find yourself saying the prayers that He leads you to... and there is no greater way of talking to the Lord, then knowing that the very words and thoughts that He's laying on your heart, are coming from Him!!!! :21::laugh: