• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

"For your fact NO:2,

How could the Church give birth to Christ ?

Was it not Christ through his ministry, actions and commands who gave birth to the Church?"

Greetings Bro David,

We can see that Jesus symbolizes His true, pure church (Zion) as a pure woman.

I believe this woman can also represent Mary, as you said, in some scripture.

We know that Chirst is referred to as the bridegroom throughout the Bible. We also know that the Jewish people are God's chosen people. They were the original bride.

For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. (Deut. 7:6)

Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame. (1Peter 2:6)

The Jewish people have given us the prophets, prophecies, law, the first five books of the Bible, Mary, Jesus, the twelve apostles. They were to be God's church. But they rejected their Messiah.

"The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone" and "A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense." (1Peter 2:7-8)

So the gift of salvation was taken from the Jewish people and given to the gentiles.

We have become the true church, the bride.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (1Peter 2:9)

I hope this helps.

In Christ,

CarolineS