• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

My husband and I make a good comedy team. He is the funny man and I am the straight man, if you know what I mean, like Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy or Dean and Jerry. Wow, that dates me, doesn't it?? :P Your humor is a lot like his. Know that even though I am not good at returning it, I do appreciate your humor and am smiling

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bro David

i never said that my husband didnt support me, or that we were devided. my husband and i are very united. He wants me to sing. He just got saved about 2 months ago, and he was very honestly telling me that my stage presence wasnt up to par. the question i had for the board was basically what do i need to do? i appreciate all the responces :) a good freind of mine said that the reason my husband thinks that my music doesnt touch anyone may be b/c it just doesnt touch him. he has to listen to it all the time. its kinda like when a husband cheats on his super-model wife, and people can't understand it. He's used to her.(maybe that was a bad analogy). Yall have really helped me with some scripture, and i have realized that my life may not be where it needs to be in order to help other people. Im getting back in the Word daily. thanks :taped:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great!! Good for you!! Keep in touch and let us know how things go.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Actually, my daughter, who is 28, was on the road doing ministry the past 3 years. One of the things she noticed when she returned was how much more I was laughing. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was because her dad and I were enjoying being alone again.

[quote name='Bro David

Actually, my daughter, who is 28, was on the road doing ministry the past 3 years. One of the things she noticed when she returned was how much more I was laughing. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was because her dad and I were enjoying being alone again.

I have a 30 yr old son, married, a 28 yr old daughter, single but living on her own now, a 26 yr old son, married with 3 kids who just spent the night with grandma (me) last night, and I have a 24 yr old son in the army who is leaving for Iraq in two weeks. Oh, he is also married. Yes, it is nice having the place to ourselves, but it's good they come and visit often. We also have a college ministry in our home which we've had for six years, so we always have college students in our house on a weekly basis. It's nice! I enjoy that age group. I fit in better with them a lot of times than I do with people my own age. They talk more about things I like to talk about and are not afraid to discuss anything. They are more open than a lot of people my age who are pretty set in their ways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God Bless you Sue! Wow!!! What a great family! :wub: Four children and three grandchildren...did I count right? You are blessed sister. Shelley and I wanted more children but we were limited to two sons. We got dogs instead. :taped::wub:

College ministry? I work a weekly jail ministry where I have the privilege to minister to all types of men... literally men who have stole, killed and sold drugs. Honestly, I am thankful that the Lord led me into the jails rather than the colleges. :taped::P At least my audience is captive. ;) I need to remember you in prayer! :wub:

Seriously, what is your youngest son's name? I would like to keep in my prayers. How long will he be in Iraq? Have they extended the tours beyond a year? He is at the age when I was finishing my Army career....back in 1984. I pray the Lord will place a hedge of protection around him and return him home safely to you and his wife.

Be Blessed sister,

Wayne

Seriously, what is your youngest son's name?  I would like to keep in my prayers.  How long will he be in Iraq?  Have they extended the tours beyond a year?  He is at the age when I was finishing my Army career....back in 1984.  I pray the Lord will place a hedge of protection around him and return him home safely to you and his wife.

Be Blessed sister,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wayne,

My youngest son's name is Steven James Love. He is 24. He leaves for Iraq on April 28th. He does not know if he will be there 12 months or 18 months. I guess they will decide that when the year is close to being up or depending on how things go in the world over the next year. Since there is so much unrest in the middle east and so much is happening over there in various countries, anything could happen! So, thank you for your prayers for him and for our college ministry.

We did take our college students to minister at a men's prison one night, but I was concerned about having girls there ministering to men who are in prison. They have not asked us to come back, and I think I would be more comfortable with men with men and women with women, but we don't have a woman's prison locally. We can go visit women in the jail, I think, so perhaps we will look into that. I did enjoy our time at the prison, though, and was surprised at the number of believers among those men. We took a bunch of NT over to them and they gobbled them up. There was not one left. We shared some testimonies and sang some songs. Actually, they have so many churches ministering at the prison that they were all booked up. Kind of a nice problem to have, huh?

We did take our college students to minister at a men's prison one night, but I was concerned about having girls there ministering to men who are in prison. They have not asked us to come back, and I think I would be more comfortable with men with men and women with women, but we don't have a woman's prison locally. We can go visit women in the jail, I think, so perhaps we will look into that. I did enjoy our time at the prison, though, and was surprised at the number of believers among those men. We took a bunch of NT over to them and they gobbled them up. There was not one left. We shared some testimonies and sang some songs. Actually, they have so many churches ministering at the prison that they were all booked up. Kind of a nice problem to have, huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I go through a case of Bibles every month! There is a lot of turnover since a jail is usually just a holding are for those awaiting trial or those who are in transit to a state or federal prison. For many of them, those Bibles are all they have.

Often, an inmate (after a good amount of time) will tell me that the best thing that could have ever happened to him was being removed from the world and placed in jail. Most of them are in jail on drug related charges, whether it is murder or stealing or whatever. For instance, one of the guys I worked with kicked his girlfriend to death while under the influence. So in jail, they are removed from the easy access to the sources of their addictions and therefore feel better about themselves. They have the time for intimate prayer and the sincere ones grow spiritually.

I agree with you regarding men ministering to men and women to women BUT I do allow a mixed choir to come in once a month to lead a Praise & Worship service where there is only congregational ministry and never one on one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear toddlermom,

You have to ask yourself why are you doing it? Search your heart. You yourself can never touch anyone. Only God's Holy Spirit can do it. Maybe you are too focused on yourself and your voice. You may have a good voice but do you have the Holy Spirit? The Scripture says God gives the Holy Spirit to them that obey him (Ac 5:32). Do you obey God? Do you even want to do His will? Only you know the answers to these questions. If the answer is no, then you are not worthy. But there is always hope to change your life around. The Scriptures also say that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Ro 10:17). So, you need the Word of God to build your faith and to know how to love and serve God. Then you'll have the love to obey Him. Then maybe God in you will be able to touch people, but you must never take credit for it. Always give the credit to God. He's the only one good, even the Lord Jesus himself refused to be called good. There is only one good and that is God the Father.