• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I have to agree wiyh Annette

Distance for a period would help salvage the friendship but intimacy at that age is volatile at best. Is the guy saved? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Unfortunately, this is one of those things that is just hard to deal with, plain and simple. Love is a very volatile emotion in my experience. Another issue is that it can sometimes be hard to give relevent and impacting advice when no one but you is IN the situation. However, I'll tell you 1-2 things that I have learned.

Once you are out of a relationship with someone, it's best to find breathing room. I'm not saying actively shut the guy off but I wouldn't be around him all the time either. Imo, its hard to remain close friends after a break-up with someone. There are just too many issues and reminders floating around. (Unless it was an extremely soft break-up)

Also, you have to reconcile with the fact that if the guy isn't going to marry you, but in all likelihood IS meant to marry, it must be with someone else. Granted, that realization is MUCH easier to say than to actually come to grips with. I had a relationship with a very godly, awesome girl about 3 years ago and every now and again I still think that it is a crappy deal that we aren't together. Such is life.

Well, in closing just remember there are peeps praying for you and, as my good friend said in a situation like this, time is always on your side. :thumbsup: