Gerioke

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Christ saw how great his faith was and since no one is without sin, He forgave him of his sins. He wipe his slate clean then healed him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read Mark 2:5

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

God will not save anybody who rejcts the truth, however, He can soften the hearts of people so that they may respond.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. :)

But somehow, nobody believes this when I say it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not what you say but how you say it :)

I don't know if anybody buys my spiel either :)

That's ok. I can still live with my self ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Does anybody read an entire thread?

God will not save anybody who rejcts the truth, however, He can soften the hearts of people so that they may respond. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God doesn't work like that. It is up to us to take that first step. He may put things in our path that leads us to Him but He doesn't react until we acknowledge Him.

How many people do you think prayed for Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Charles Manson? Castro?...the list is endless. I'm not saying any of these people are going to hell, I have no say in that matter, but to odds are looking pretty good.

Do you see any softening of the heart in these people?

It is up to us to make the decision to look for God. Once He sees that we acknowledge His existance and are in fact seeking Him, He will move mountains if need be, in order to close the gap between us and Him.

The whole thing boils down to faith. If we truly believe in Him, He will make Himself known to us.

Christ saw how great his faith was and since no one is without sin, He forgave him of his sins. He wipe his slate clean then healed him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what you mean. You said he did nothing. Is there something he was supposed to do? I don't know...I'm lost. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what you mean. You said he did nothing. Is there something he was supposed to do? I don't know...I'm lost. :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The part that makes me go "Hmmmmmmmm" is this. The passage says that Jesus saw the faith of his friends, not the sick guy, the faith of the guys friends who lowered him thru the roof..."when Jesus saw THEIR faith,he said to the paralytic, "Child, your sins are forgiven".

I would expect it to say "when Jesus saw HIS fatih".

I'm not sure what the implication is. Does that mean MY faith can save someone else from their sins?

;)

I believe there is a verse that says we can pray for forgiveness for a friend and the Father will grant it. I'll have to check that out???

What do you make of that???

Thanks for your patience. I guess I'm just not explaining it clearly. :)

Peace,

Fiosh

;)

What I get from that verse is that Christ not only saw the faith of people lowering him down but his faith also. So He healed him.

Christ had little respect if any for the church leaders of that time. He knew they were corrupt and would usually do something that they would question. It was His style of teaching. He was telling them who He was.

On another occasion He healed someone on the sabbath in front of church leaders.

The reason it doesn't say anything about Him forgiving the sins of others is that they must make a decision to believe or not to. With Christ it's all about faith. If you have faith you will follow His Word. If you follow His Word, everything will fall into place. He will answer the tough questions. He will give you wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of who He is. If you have faith, He will show you beyond a shadow of a doubt that He exists.

He forgave the paralytics sins to show who He was.

This is what I understand and believe. :noidea:

What I get from that verse is that Christ not only saw the faith of people lowering  him down but his faith also. So He healed him.

Christ had little respect if any for the church leaders of that time. He knew they were corrupt and would usually do something that they would question. It was His style of teaching. He was telling them who He was.

On another occasion He healed someone on the sabbath in front of church leaders.

The reason it doesn't say anything about Him forgiving the sins of others is that they must make a decision to believe or not to. With Christ it's all about faith. If you have faith you will follow His Word. If you follow His Word, everything will fall into place. He will answer the tough questions. He will give you wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of who He is. If you have faith, He will show you beyond a shadow of a doubt that He exists.

He forgave the paralytics sins to show who He was.

This is what I understand and believe. :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My gut feeling is that you are right; Jesus is God and can see into the heart.

But the wording of the verse puzzles me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Does anybody read an entire thread?

God will not save anybody who rejcts the truth, however, He can soften the hearts of people so that they may respond. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God doesn't work like that. It is up to us to take that first step. He may put things in our path that leads us to Him but He doesn't react until we acknowledge Him.

How many people do you think prayed for Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Charles Manson? Castro?...the list is endless. I'm not saying any of these people are going to hell, I have no say in that matter, but to odds are looking pretty good.

Do you see any softening of the heart in these people?

It is up to us to make the decision to look for God. Once He sees that we acknowledge His existance and are in fact seeking Him, He will move mountains if need be, in order to close the gap between us and Him.

The whole thing boils down to faith. If we truly believe in Him, He will make Himself known to us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So is intercessory prayer useless?

Would God have us pray in vain? :wub: