• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Does anybody read an entire thread?

God will not save anybody who rejcts the truth, however, He can soften the hearts of people so that they may respond. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God doesn't work like that. It is up to us to take that first step. He may put things in our path that leads us to Him but He doesn't react until we acknowledge Him.

How many people do you think prayed for Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Charles Manson? Castro?...the list is endless. I'm not saying any of these people are going to hell, I have no say in that matter, but to odds are looking pretty good.

Do you see any softening of the heart in these people?

It is up to us to make the decision to look for God. Once He sees that we acknowledge His existance and are in fact seeking Him, He will move mountains if need be, in order to close the gap between us and Him.

The whole thing boils down to faith. If we truly believe in Him, He will make Himself known to us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So is intercessory prayer useless?

Would God have us pray in vain? :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Millions of people pray in vain everyday. Look at what happened right after 9/11.

So many people turned to God that the churches couldn't house them all. But as time passed and the people realized that no more attacks were coming, they went back to their former selves. How many prayers went unanswered there?

Is intercessory prayer useless? No. I've prayed for many people. Some of those prayers were answered almost instantly ( over night ) while others took a little longer and there some that I'm still waiting on.

I've never asked God to soften the heart of anyone. I've asked Him to convict the heart of a certain someone and He did. Did that person seek God afterward? No.

I've asked God to place a Spirit of protection around someone that was close to me and He did. This person was in danger of physical harm and God protected this individual.

I've seen what God can do for me. He has let Himself be known to me. I can't explain what it's like but I know He's there. He's with me everyday. Even when I'm sleeping He protects me from the attacks of the devil.

Praying for others is not about their salvation. It's about our obedience to God. If we truly love our fellow man, we will pray for them. God will intercede on our behalf, not so much to save the soul of those we pray for, but to let us know He is there.

I pray for people that are in bad situations. I ask Him to meet their needs, to give them just what they need to get over that bump in the road. Most of the people I pray for, to the best of my knowledge, don't know God but He helps them anyway. If I am true to Him, He is true to me.

Salvation is an individual choice. I could pray 24/7 for the salvation of someone, but it's up to that individual to make the choice. God won't make it for them.

I don't know if this helped you any. If not...don't give up. I'm not going anywhere.

Later. :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

My gut feeling is that you are right; Jesus is God and can see into the heart.

But the wording of the verse puzzles me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes what is NOT written is the intriguing thing.

It does NOT say that Jesus saw the faith of the paralytic.

It says Jesus saw the faith of his friends.

Why?

:)

I believe every word in Scripture is important.

What truth is the Holy Spirit trying to teach us here?

Peace,

Fiosh

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

So is intercessory prayer useless?

Would God have us pray in vain?

You might say that Jesus prayed in vain in John 17 when He prayed for unity of all believers. That prayer deosn't appear to have been answered YET, but surely Jesus was not praying in vain?

John 17:21

that they may all be one; even as You, Father, {are} in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Revelaion 7: 9 After this I beheld, and, see, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, :wub:

Revelaion 7: 9 After this I beheld, and, see, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can sit here and throw scripture back and forth all day long and in the end you will still say "but".

You reject all of the answers given. I don't know what you want. Perhaps you should take this up with the Father.

If you wish to believe all will be saved, no matter what, it is your choice. Perhaps deep down inside you are questioning your own salvation. I don't know.

I don't question your salvation so don't be angry with me. I don't question anyones salvation. All I can do is answer your questions to the best of my God given ability. Maybe you should come out and tell me what's really on your mind. Who knows...maybe I could be of some assistance.

Later. :24:

What may I ask was the question?

I thought this was a discussion.

Why does the mercy of an all powerful God offend you?

Since God's power is infinite, why shouldn't his grace be infinite?

I use scripture because scripture is truth. I haven't used any scripture out of context as far as I know. Are you saying you know something that scripture doesn't tell us? :wub:

God doesn't send animals to an eternity of fiery torment, why would He send His children?

The hateful can find scripture to advance hate.

The loving can find scripture to advance love.

What product are you selling? :24:

It all comes down to faith.

My faith is that evil will be contained in the end and God will be reunited with His children.

Yes I know that may seem like a vile disgusting concept. You might be in Heaven with someone you feel doesn't belong. Ask God, He might let you leave if it offends you that much. :wub:

My faith is that evil will be contained in the end and God will be reunited with His children.

Yes I know that may seem like a vile disgusting concept. You might be in Heaven with someone you feel doesn't belong. Ask God, He might let you leave if it offends you that much. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For you to say "I might be in heaven with someone I feel doesn't belongs there" tells me you have a lot of learning to do.

Defending your faith is one thing, being totally ignorant is another.

You have a good one.

Yes I know that may seem like a vile disgusting concept. You might be in Heaven with someone you feel doesn't belong. Ask God, He might let you leave if it offends you that much. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For you to say "I might be in heaven with someone I feel doesn't belongs there" tells me you have a lot of learning to do.

Defending your faith is one thing, being totally ignorant is another.

You have a good one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not really sure what you're getting at there? :24:

I am ignorant of some things and I definately don't know it all so yes I have learning to do. I will try and have a good one and hope you do too. :wub:

Matthew 12

31 Why I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men

Is lack of faith a sin or blasphemy? :wub: