• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1987

I have a friend and she's starting to getting her self in trouble and she is trying to do other bad things.. SHould i talk to her? should i tell her?HELP HELP HELP HELP :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Pray....THEN talk to her.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ditto what Leonard said! Thats what friends are for!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yeah...I agree with the above.

I'll tell you a story from my own life to show you how important it is that you DO talk to her.

I had a friend (in my heart, I still consider her a friend, though we havent' talked for years) who was very instrumental in getting me involved in youth group at my church...she sang on the music team (BEAUTIFUL voice...honestly, she could rival the best singers on the radio), was very active helping to lead events with the youth group...all wonderful things to see in such a beautiful young girl...everything seemed to be going for her.

Then she faced pain, and abandonment...and like so many people her age did then and do now, she tried to deal with it by doing the things she always swore she would never do.

At first it was "little" things...skipping the occasional class, suddenly blurting out a swear or two...as her friend, I noticed them, but I dismissed it all, because I thought "hey, we're in highschool...people do that here. It's probably just a phase."

Things started to get progressively worse over the following year...she took up with "that crowd." You know...the one that everyone's secretly (some not so secretly) afraid of because they're, well...more than a little wild. She claimed it was because she wanted to witness to them, assuageing my fears every chance she got. So, I shrugged it off again.

I saw her smoking one day..."just trying it out" she said when I talked to her about it later. I got firm with her on that one...but she swore up and down that she wouldn't do it again, so I didn't think about it anymore.

She met her boyfriend in that crowd..."he's so fun! not to mention cute" she'd say laughingly. After a while she started to say things like "he's a great kisser and so good at other things..." I was afraid to broach the subject about what those "other things" were. I knew what she was telling me. I really did. But I ignored myself, because I was embarrased.

Three months later, she had a fight with her mom...a huge one. She ran away. Just dissapeared...didn't call me until a few weeks later, and she was crying. "I'm pregnant."

I dropped the phone, then scrambled for it with shaking hands.

I should have told her "he's bad news...you're doing things you'll regret" but I didn't. And now she was calling me...telling me that her life was completely turned upside down.

Hundreds of times since then, I've rehearsed in my head what I should have told her...I have no idea where she is now...she stopped calling me not too long after she had the baby.

That baby...her life is the only part of that whole situation that brings me peace. It took my friend's question "what should I do about bring pregnant?" to make me snap out of it and start telling her the things I knew were right. With God's help, I counseled her to carry the baby...we had a conference call together with a lady from our church who runs the local Pregnancy Care Centre, and together her and I managed to convince her not to have an abortion.

If you love your friend, TELL her. Please. I had to learn that the hard way.