• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

THE ANGEL OF THE COVENANT

It's interesting people can read the same bible, and come up with diverse interpretation on the second coming, and the binding of Satan. How can men who love God come up with different views on eschatology. Eschatology regarding the "time of the end" i.e. preterist, or the  "end of time. "i.e. futurist. And only a paradigm shift can change ones viewpoints. Which really happens. In my case it has.

Each of us manufactures our theological paradigms stemming from the Middle Ages. Causing an unbreakable religion among Christians while living in a comfort zone in things concerning God.

Christian and atheist alike are challenging Christian dogma worldwide on the internet which in my estimation is a good thing.

If anyone thinks they got it made with a handle on the truth, they don't. That surely has caused some 33 thousand denominations. Fulfilling the words of Christ,

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." splitting families, separating denominations. Now there is a new one developing where all come under one roof as I believe Joe brought out which I wasn't aware of.

Whatever I post is without doubt not the last word, as if it could, or think it can be concerning the areas under discussion. The Angel of the Covenant.

Thanks or reading,  

On 1/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, Larry H said:

THE ANGEL OF THE COVENANT

It's interesting people can read the same bible, and come up with diverse interpretation on the second coming, and the binding of Satan. How can men who love God come up with different views on eschatology. Eschatology regarding the "time of the end" i.e. preterist, or the  "end of time. "i.e. futurist. And only a paradigm shift can change ones viewpoints. Which really happens. In my case it has.

Each of us manufactures our theological paradigms stemming from the Middle Ages. Causing an unbreakable religion among Christians while living in a comfort zone in things concerning God.

Christian and atheist alike are challenging Christian dogma worldwide on the internet which in my estimation is a good thing.

If anyone thinks they got it made with a handle on the truth, they don't. That surely has caused some 33 thousand denominations. Fulfilling the words of Christ,

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." splitting families, separating denominations. Now there is a new one developing where all come under one roof as I believe Joe brought out which I wasn't aware of.

Whatever I post is without doubt not the last word, as if it could, or think it can be concerning the areas under discussion. The Angel of the Covenant.

Thanks or reading,  

"The word angel here is the Greek word [aggelos] meaning messenger, and is the "exact" same word translated messenger throughout New Testament scripture"

Who is The Messenger of The Covenant who came down from heaven to bind Satan in Revelation 20, just asking those who are familiar as I am with the term.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, Larry H said:

"The word angel here is the Greek word [aggelos] meaning messenger, and is the "exact" same word translated messenger throughout New Testament scripture"

Who is The Messenger of The Covenant who came down from heaven to bind Satan in Revelation 20, just asking those who are familiar as I am with the term.

Malachi 3:1  "See, I will send my messenger, [John the Baptist} who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, [Christ] whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty. 

In the last book in the OT one would think it's prophecy of blessing, instead it is a message of doom. 

Malachi 4:1 "Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. "Not a root or a branch will be left to them. 

When was this fulfilled?