IGNORED

jesus =god??

Guest confused christeen

Guest confused christeen

God the father .. god the son .. god the holyspirit.. 3 names but one and the same....this is what i am taught and still asked to believe ... but this one thing about the holy trinity is just not getting in my head.....

its about jesus....

god says in matt 3:17

"this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased"

and everywhere else in the newtetment he is referred to as the son of god...

jesus taught us to pray to the father ..as he did while he wass on earth ..

i believe he is the true son of god....led a sinless life on earth fullfilling his fathers will ....

but then this concept of god the son.......... that is jesus being god is not clear to me ....

if it where that way why did god have to put the whole concept of 'son' into picture.....it could have been that god came to earth as man to save his people ....

pls give your views...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Hi, Christeen! You raise an interesting thought and I'm going to do what I can to answer ya, though I know someone will come along with a clearer response, lol!

My last name is Reagan. I have 3 children. They also could lay claim to being Reagan; that doesn't make them or me not a Reagan. Same way with Jesus; He was God's Son, but at the same time, He was God. I hope that helps!!!

Guest confused christeen
Hi, Christeen!  You raise an interesting thought and I'm going to do what I can to answer ya, though I know someone will come along with a clearer response, lol!

My last name is Reagan.  I have 3 children.  They also could lay claim to being Reagan; that doesn't make them or me not a Reagan.  Same way with Jesus; He was God's Son, but at the same time, He was God.  I hope that helps!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<_<

confused christeen is all the more confused! :laugh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Hi, Christeen!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

The Trinity being well-defined is only one God which exists in three eternal, and distinctly different persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and each person of the Trinity has a position and a relationship to each other to make the Godhead work. Yet, some have wrongly understood the Trinity as three separated Gods, three separated Gods is a Trinidad, which is truly not what God is, God is a Trinity, as Deuteronomy 6:4 states, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one Lord." In Hebrew there are two words for the word one, the word (ECHAD) meaning united group, and the second word for one is (YACHIYD), which means alone or single. That saying, if you take the bible for what it means it states, "The LORD our God is a united group, yet one Lord." Therefore, this verse shows there is unity in plurality, one God.

Genesis 2:24 states,

Guest confused christeen
The Trinity being well-defined is only one God which exists in three eternal, and distinctly different persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and each person of the Trinity has a position and a relationship to each other to make the Godhead work. Yet, some have wrongly understood the Trinity as three separated Gods, three separated Gods is a Trinidad, which is truly not what God is, God is a Trinity,  as Deuteronomy 6:4 states, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one Lord." In Hebrew there are two words for the word one, the word (ECHAD) meaning united group, and the second word for one is (YACHIYD), which means alone or single. That saying, if you take the bible for what it means it states, "The LORD our God is a united group, yet one Lord." Therefore, this verse shows there is unity in plurality, one God.

Genesis 2:24 states, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” The word translated “One” used in this verse is the Hebrew word (ECHAD), The same word used in Deuteronomy 6:4 meaning unity or unit.

In Genesis 1:26,27 God said, “Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness.” To whom is God speaking to? The person God is talking to is obviously able to speak with God on His level of superiority, which is, the timeless realm eternity. Also, this being apparently must have the same creative ability as God, thus the statement "Let US make." This describes a cooperative effort between God and the person with whom He is speaking, it couldn’t had been an angel, or a created being because Isaiah 40:13 states, “Who has understood the mind of the LORD, or instructed him as his counselor?”

In the bible there is absolutely no indication written that angels can create life, let alone even created at all. Also, there is no written indication in the bible at all that humans were  made in the image of angels!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

way to go trinity.... <_< i guess i can be not so confused christeen nw!

tanx! ... i would like to know your sources for those hebrew translations..

god bless!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

One of the more convincing passages in terms of Jesus' diety occurs in John chapter 8:

Jesus had just finished making some pretty hard statements about the Jewish leadership. He basically told them that they would die in their sins (John 8:23-24), that they were slaves to sin (John 8:34), and that they were not sons of the living God (John 8:42ff)

The Jewish leaders took great exception to this and appealed to thier status as sons of Abraham (John 8:33) and accused Jesus of being demon possessed (John 8:48)

Jesus reponded that if they were sons of Abraham, they would have rejoiced to see Him, just like Abrham did (John 8:54-56) The Jewish leaders understood that Abraham had died centuries before, and that Jesus was not yet 50. So they asked Him how it was possible they Abraham had seen Him, since Abraham died long before Jesus was born. Jesus reponded in John 8:58:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

The Jewish leader's response was to seek to stone Him for blasphemy. Why? Jesus was appealing to Exodus 3:14, where God told Moses His name was "I AM". Jesus was clearly claiming to be the I AM of Exodus

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

The Trinity being well-defined is only one God which exists in three eternal, and distinctly different persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and each person of the Trinity has a position and a relationship to each other to make the Godhead work. Yet, some have wrongly understood the Trinity as three separated Gods, three separated Gods is a Trinidad, which is truly not what God is, God is a Trinity,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

The Trinity being well-defined is only one God which exists in three eternal, and distinctly different persons known as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and each person of the Trinity has a position and a relationship to each other to make the Godhead work. Yet, some have wrongly understood the Trinity as three separated Gods, three separated Gods is a Trinidad, which is truly not what God is, God is a Trinity,