GOD

He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33).

was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8)

He is prayed to (Acts 7:59).

He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)

He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15).

He knows all things (John 21:17).

He gives eternal life (John 10:28).

All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9).

MAN

He worshiped the Father (John 17).

He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5).

He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)

He prayed to the Father (John 17).

He was tempted (Matt. 4:1).

He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52).

He died (Rom. 5:8).

He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39).

Jesus was 100% man and 100% God

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zayit
One of the more convincing passages in terms of Jesus' diety occurs in John chapter 8:

Jesus had just finished making some pretty hard statements about the Jewish leadership. He basically told them that they would die in their sins (John 8:23-24), that they were slaves to sin (John 8:34), and that they were not sons of the living God (John 8:42ff)

The Jewish leaders took great exception to this and appealed to thier status as sons of Abraham (John 8:33) and accused Jesus of being demon possessed (John 8:48)

Jesus reponded that if they were sons of Abraham, they would have rejoiced to see Him, just like Abrham did (John 8:54-56) The Jewish leaders understood that Abraham had died centuries before, and that Jesus was not yet 50. So they asked Him how it was possible they Abraham had seen Him, since Abraham died long before Jesus was born. Jesus reponded in John 8:58:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

The Jewish leader's response was to seek to stone Him for blasphemy. Why? Jesus was appealing to Exodus 3:14, where God told Moses His name was "I AM". Jesus was clearly claiming to be the I AM of Exodus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that is true, but concerning Abraham, when did Abraham see him? One time was when he was sitting in his tent and three men appeared to him, two were angels and the other was the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, who drank and ate with him.