IGNORED

Australian Champion sacked for posting about God's Word.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not posting this to help the fund, I'm posting this to show how bad things are getting regarding freedom of speck and religious freedom in our country and the world in general.

What Israel Folau said that upset the LGB's;
In a post to Instagram, his image read: “Warning: Drunks. Homosexuals. Adulterers. Liars. Fornicators. Thieves. Atheists. Idolaters. Hell awaits you.”

Optional email code

• Amount1
  • Your Info2
  • Payment3

$50 $75 $120 $250 $1,000 $2,500 Other $

$615,430.00 raised
GOAL: $3,000,000.00

How you can support Israel Folau

Recently the online fundraising platform GoFundMe shut down Israel Folau’s legal defence fund and turned away hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations.

On behalf of the Australian Christian Lobby, I have spoken to Israel Folau to let him know that ACL will be donating $100,000 to his legal defence, because it’s right and it sets an important legal precedent.

I have also offered to host his online appeal for funds here on our website and he has accepted our offer.

All gifts you give on this web page will be deposited into a trust account to pay for Israel Folau’s legal case.

So, please give generously today to help Israel Folau stand for your religious freedom.

martyn_round1-min_2.png?1561356442

Martyn Iles
Managing Director
Australian Christian Lobby

PS: Below is the original text of Izzy’s GoFundMe page.

Text of Israel Folau’s original GoFundMe page

My name is Israel Folau and, until recently, playing Rugby was my livelihood.

I have had the honour and the privilege of representing my country on the sporting field, for which I will be forever grateful.

I am also a Christian. My faith is the most important thing in my life. I try to live my life according to the Bible and I believe it is my duty to share the word of the Bible.

Earlier this year, I uploaded some messages from the Bible on my Instagram page.

I believe that sharing the Bible is an act of love and compassion.

I know some people do not like or believe in the Bible. Indeed, what makes our country so wonderful is that we have such a diverse community made up of so many different cultures and values. But my faith defines me as a person. I do not believe that it is fair or right that I be punished for my religious beliefs.

Sadly, after I uploaded the messages from the Bible, my employers, Rugby Australia and Rugby NSW, tore up my employment contract. As a result, I have lost my job, my livelihood, and the ability to play for my country. It looks like I will never be allowed to play rugby in this country again.

My action

I believe the termination of my contract is unlawful, which is why I have started legal proceedings against Rugby Australia and Rugby NSW.

In response, Rugby Australia have already said that they will "divert significant resources" to fight me in court. Even if I win, Rugby Australia can appeal. There is every chance that a prominent test case like this could take years and eventually end up in the High Court of Australia.

My wife Maria and I have already spent over $100,000 of our own money, and that was just to try and deal with Rugby Australia's internal tribunal processes. The money I am asking for is to fund the rest of my action in court.

My request for support

I know I am putting myself on the line - this action will be very costly in terms of time, money and reputation - but I do not intend to stop now.

I would be very grateful for your support. Could you make a donation, within your capacity to give, in order to support my action? I have the fight of my life on my hands and every little bit will help.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

https://www.acl.org.au/donate_izzy

Edited by HAZARD

Israel Folau’s new fundraising campaign has soared past $600,000 as donors throw in more than $1000 a minute, which could see the sacked Wallabies star rake in far more cash than he did on his now deleted GoFundMe page.

As of just after midday on Tuesday, more than $600,000 had been donated in the space of 12 hours to a relaunched website via the Australian Christian Lobby.

Folau, a multi-millionaire, was set to make roughly $765,000 through his GoFundMe website – an exercise labelled by former Wallaby teammate Drew Mitchell as “greedy” – before the American company cancelled the page and issued refunds because his cause violated their terms and conditions.

It didn’t take long for the Australian Christian Lobby to get involved in order to support the exiled footballer player who has pleaded for the public to fund his legal stoush with Rugby Australia after the code’s governing body sacked him for a “high-level breach” of the professional players’ code of conduct.

Folau posted a photo on Instagram on April 10 that said homosexuals were destined for hell unless they repented their sins.

Legal experts have expressed their bewilderment at why Folau wanted $3 million from his GoFundMe page when his fees won’t come close to that figure.

All up, in the 12 hours the page has been live, Folau has been making about $50,000 an hour.

Throughout the morning when Australians began waking up, the donations have been coming in at more than $1000 a minute.

The ACL kick-started the fund with a $100,000 donation of their own.

“Recently, the online fundraising platform GoFundMe shut down Israel Folau’s legal defence fund and turned away hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations," ACL managing director Martyn Iles said on the website.

"On behalf of the Australian Christian Lobby, I have spoken to Israel Folau to let him know that ACL will be donating $100,000 to his legal defence, because it’s right and it sets an important legal precedent.

"I have also offered to host his online appeal for funds here on our website and he has accepted our offer.

"All gifts you give on this web page will be deposited into a trust account to pay for Israel Folau’s legal case.

"So, please give generously today to help Israel Folau stand for your religious freedom."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/dollar1000-a-minute-folau-gets-back-more-than-dollar600000/ar-AADnCb1?ocid=spartanntp

• 3 weeks later...

Australian Prim Minister reacts to this discrimination.

Australia needs more prayer, Prime Minister Scott Morrison, a devout Christian, has said, vowing that his administration would do whatever needed to be done by way of legislation to protect religious expression, now at the centre of a national debate. 

Australia has no bill of rights or explicit protections for religious freedoms, but Morrison's conservative government is considering such measures in the wake of a high-profile rugby player's sacking over religious posts on social media.

"We'll do what we must do from a legislative point of view and the law," Morrison, who described his election victory in May as a miracle, told an annual conference of the Hillsong Church in a stadium in Sydney.

He prayed and said religious freedom needed to be "nourished and protected" in remarks late on Tuesday to Australia's biggest evangelical gathering.

"There's a lot of talk about our freedoms as Christians in this country and they should be protected," he said.

"Australia is a free country. There's nothing more fundamental than the freedom of belief, whatever that belief might be, whether you have one or you don't."

In May, footballer Israel Folau was dismissed by Rugby Australia after he posted on Instagram that hell awaited "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers" and other groups.

The ensuing scandal and calls from religious leaders for a legislative response have imparted further significance to Morrison's outward displays of faith, which are unusual for an Australian political leader.

More than half of Australians call themselves Christians, census data shows. Last year, Morrison had said his government would write a Religious Discrimination Act, but political momentum for it had ebbed until Folau's sacking.

Morrison, a Pentecostal Christian, invited cameras to film him praying at his local church during the campaign, but did not announce his appearance at Hillsong, where participants greeted him with cheers in footage posted to YouTube on Wednesday.

More than half of Australians call themselves Christians, census data shows. Last year, Morrison had said his government would write a Religious Discrimination Act, but political momentum for it had ebbed until Folau's sacking.

Morrison, a Pentecostal Christian, invited cameras to film him praying at his local church during the campaign, but did not announce his appearance at Hillsong, where participants greeted him with cheers in footage posted to YouTube on Wednesday.

"I speak about my faith ... because I want everyone in this place to feel comfortable about talking about their faith," he said to applause.

The nation needed more prayer, he told the audience earlier, and sought divine aid to end a withering drought.

"Lord, we just pray for rain: That your rain will fall on this nation," Morrison intoned. "Lord, that you will restore those communities, and that you will see a prosperity in this nation from the rain."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/australias-morrison-calls-for-more-prayer-and-religious-freedom/ar-AAE90Sj?ocid=spartanntp