Guest debate-confusion

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Remember evolution did not originate with Darwin and was already in vogue in many circles in Europe well before he sailed on the Beagle.

Darwin's agenda for science was to drive out any concept of divine special creation or any other divine intervention by the God of creation. His goal along with other intellectuals of the era was to re-define science and weaponize it against the Christian faith.

My question to you is why do you choose to advocate such a concept? Do you not understand what Darwin’s true intension was? Do you not understand the anti-Christian agenda he pushed?

As I've constantly been at pains to point out throughout this thread: any scientist who takes evolutionary theory and uses it to "disprove" Christianity - or any other religion, for that matter - is barking up a completely non-existent tree.

I reject their conclusions - but these do not invalidate their scientific observations.

No you haven’t missed any prophecy but the point remains that “common ancestry” as advanced in Darwinism is an unbiblical concept and runs counter to the creative nature of our Creator God.

How so? God saw fit to re-use DNA in every single living cell he created. Why did he do that?

Genesis says he "formed man from the dust of the ground"; it also says "Let the land produce vegetation", "Let the land produce living creatures". In other words, that God made living things out of non-living matter. Why did he do that; why not create the living things ex nihilo?

fenwar,

The Bible doesn't describe how planets orbit around the sun due to the perfect balance of gravity and motion, either. Should I stop believing in the solar system?

This is totally unrelated to the discussion of Darwinism but The Bible tells us, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Science confirms that time; space and matter had a beginning. The biblical description of God as Creator identifies Him as the creator of the cosmos. The Bible makes it clear that God is outside of all other dimensions. God is described as the creator of time and space and He is described as a Being having no spatial properties (1 John 1:5; 4:8, 12, 16, 2 Peter 3:10; Colossians 1:16-17).

Exactly. Just like the (very recently discovered) nature of our solar system doesn't contradict or "disprove" the texts you have quoted - neither does evolution. God is described as the creator of all life; that's all we need to know.

The Bible concerns the relationship between man and God. The method by which man was created has no bearing on this relationship, or it would have been mentioned.

(Actually that's not entirely true. The fact that we were created from non-living matter does have a relevance - "for dust you are, and to dust you shall return"; compare Isaiah 40.6-8. None of which contradicts evolutionary theory, which agrees that life began from non-living matter.)

fenwar,

The whole point of the creation stories in Genesis is to establish God's sovereignty over absolutely every sphere of creation - he conceived and formed everything, he gave it all a purpose and he alone has the right to judge it. I believe that 100%. No scientific theory I know of comes close to contradicting that.

Really? Let me ask you fenwar – have you read Darwin’s “Origin of Species"? Do you just make wild claims or do you actually read up on the theories you champion? I would strongly suggest you do an in-depth study of the “science” of Darwinism and then ask yourself the question – is his theory fully compatible with my Christian beliefs?

If you believe that God is a real spiritual Being who controls natural phenomena, even to a slight degree, then Darwinism completely rejects your idea - not because science empirically disproves God, but because the idea goes against Darwinism’s fundamental agenda of explaining all phenomena through the laws of physics.

Your Christian beliefs are compatible with Darwinism only if they hold that God is simply a “human invention” having something to do with moral imperatives. But if this is what you have in mind, then instead of having religious beliefs, you have "scientific" beliefs about religion. That is only a watered down belief of our Creator God - a belief you do not want to hold on the Day you stand before the Lord – “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God”.

Like I said: "No scientific theory". Anyone who draws a metaphysical conclusion from their physical, chemical and biological observations is being decidedly unscientific.

finwar,

Do you think the creation stories were intended to convey something else? If so, what? And more importantly - why?

The creation story conveys exactly what Moses writes. It conveys the truth that God has created “all things” thus the first fact of our spiritual education. The creation story was given so that man would have the knowledge that there is a God and that He is who He claims to be and He is to be worshipped. His first quality to be known is that He has created the universe and that the created universe subsists from Him.

Absolutely. Where does evolutionary biology contradict that?

You need to reject Darwinism now!
Edited by fenwar

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  163

HorizonEast:  It has been soundly rejected by thousands of reputable scientists. There is more evidence today that evolution is false than at any time since its introduction.

Do you have a basis for these statements?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I want to see the evolution scientists create a new human right here and now!

I want to see the evolution scientists create a new human right here and now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why on earth should they be able to do that?

Or anyone, for that matter?

I'm still completely at a loss as to the meaning of GodsLove26's demand. Is this some kind of test?