Ovedya

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

RB: Alot of things are explained away but have their root problem lodged in some sort of "bondage"...

Satan came to steal, kill and destroy...he does this with our bodies, our homes, our churches, and our marriages.

I tend to agree that oftentimes people in mental institutions are suffering from a spiritual affliction which can only be dealt with by applying the blood of Jesus Christ....So amen and amen.

I do believe, friend...that sometimes the problems can be purely organic.

For instance, some forms of depression can present themselves when women go through menapause or suffer from thyroid disease...so not everyone who suffers from organic depression is being demonically afflicted, IMO...

But I suspect that many times the root cause is due to some demonic oppression; sometimes a generational curse comes into play, (I have read about generational curses in books like Neil Anderson and Rebecca Brown, MD)...

But I don't think we can say all problems are rooted in the demonic, though some may well be.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lihardem

The Holy Spirit gives the gifts as He wills and He uses us as He wills. As someone said "I can't just use a gift at my command."

I am used in the gifts of tongues and interpretation, discernment of spirits, prophecy and a very strong anointing to teach.

I know many don't feel that God will use a woman to minister but I am in the position of a pastor in a women's prison, but I have also ministered in mixed congregations. :rofl:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

rb, you owe lihardem a sincere apology for your rude and caustic post. She is entitled to her opinion.

Your post is totally uncalled for. Though we sometimes fail, we do try to respect other posters, and not ridicule nor demean.

I am reporting this post and requesting its removal.

Guest Calamity

trav, the way I understood rbisrb's post, he was ridiculing her FOR being a minister. Not the other way around. Whichever it was, it was uncalled for.

Well, I happen to love Joyce Meyers and she's a woman preacher...

This isn't essential cores of the faith...some people dunk, others sprinkle; some read the NAS and some the KJV...some worship Saturday ...some on Sunday...

Some women preach; some men preach...but truth be told...it's the message, not the letter of the Law..the letter of the Law killeth...the Spirit giveth life...NOW THAT'S BIBLE!

We really need to get beyond the peripheral arenas where people will always debate on these controversial issues.

They are NOT essential to salvation...people do differ in their understanding or interpretation of the scriptures. Let each man be fully convinced within himself....Blindseeker's put that verse in my head...and it really hits home.

Clearly, if one of you were saying Jesus wasn't born of a virgin or his blood didn't atone or there's many roads to heaven...etc...THEN, we'd be talking about some very serious assaults on the faith.

Here, you're talking about whether a person is suited for preaching in a woman's prison if she's a woman? Come on!

Guest Calamity

The tone and attitude in rbisrb's post really upsets me, so I'm not going to respond to this anymore before I say a few things that I shouldn't.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

trav, the way I understood rbisrb's post, he was ridiculing her FOR being a minister. Not the other way around. Whichever it was, it was uncalled for.

You're right. I edited my post. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :rofl:

Totally caustic post, totally uncalled for.

RB: Rightly divide the Word of God..*(Key word: balance). People tend to go licentious or become legalistic...

The Law is good, (1 Tim 1) if used properly...*( right motives).

Sadly, it's SO easy to go too far left or too far right and miss the mark entirely. It's a snare Satan sets up .....and both are equally sinful in God's eyes.

On the one side, it's deliberate rebellion against God and on the other side, the stench of pride, manifested as rigid legalism.

Let God Himself reveal truth to each man's heart that he may be fully convinced.

Calamity: I don't mean to sound ....dumb.... :rofl: but...what is IFB?