IGNORED

Just How Close Are We to This Final Rebellion?

Guest Freshoil

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Probably the best approach is one that is truthful. I would not want to emphasize eternal punishment, but neither would I want to hide it from them. When I share the gospel I try to give folks the complete story (namely that God loves them, but is also holy and must judge sin). Both are important concepts for an accurate view of salvation. If we stress one above the other, we are presenting a view of God (and the gospel potentially) that is not accurate. We are in a sense misrepresenting Him to people. I want them to have the complete truth so they can respond (one way or another) to the true and living God. Not a partial truth, so later they are suprised

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen Eric!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, let's get people to accept Christ out of a sense of urgency and fear! Let them be afraid so much that they accept Him because He might come back in our life time. Forget that they are to accept Him because they love Him, we dont' have time for that anymore! Let's scare the hell (literally) out of them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it is inappropriate to use the element of "fear" with certain people in evangelism.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Some people will respond according to the love of God, others will respond because they don't want to perish in hell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Fear" is not actually fear...no one seems to be grasping this.

SJ, although I respect your opinion, I still think it is incorrect.

I think the term "snatching them out of the fire" is obviously a reference to hell/gehenna/the Lake of Fire and therefore the context of that statement is fear, in the sense of being afraid of the judgment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen Trust and Obey, It would be nice if the greeks had more than one word to describe things like Hebrew does :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yes, let's get people to accept Christ out of a sense of urgency and fear! Let them be afraid so much that they accept Him because He might come back in our life time. Forget that they are to accept Him because they love Him, we dont' have time for that anymore! Let's scare the hell (literally) out of them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it is inappropriate to use the element of "fear" with certain people in evangelism.

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Some people will respond according to the love of God, others will respond because they don't want to perish in hell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the term "snatching them out of the fire" is obviously a reference to hell/gehenna/the Lake of Fire and therefore the context of that statement is fear, in the sense of being afraid of the judgment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're disagreeing with almost every commentary out there, as well as interpretation :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen Trust and Obey, It would be nice if the greeks had more than one word to describe things like Hebrew does :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They do, it's called verb and noun structure. The way phobos is structured it meas "respect".

yeh but Hebrew has alot more than that.....just complaining out load that's all :thumbsup:

Hebrew is also harder to learn, and the paradigm is vastly different from our own.

I get to learn it next :thumbsup:

I also need to sharpen up on Greek and take more "In depth" classes in it as well....I'm telling you, it's a pain.

yeh It's not easy loving these languages...I envy you that you have one of them down at least...:emot-highfive:I am still a beginner in Hebrew but it's only been 5 years :thumbsup: ....And I Still Love It!