• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

THE SWEETNESS OF HUNGER

Pr 27:7  He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet.

Or another way of saying this is that you don't have to cook very well to satisfy those who are really hungry. Sometimes church and Bible study can seem too boring simply because we're too full of it without having put it into practice. Eating without exercising makes people fat. So also it's unhealthy to feed on the Word without exercising it. Eventually one will loathe it.

1Peter 2:2  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

What would make us crave the Word but the desire for and expectation of satisfaction by its utility and implementation in our lives. For the Lord says, "as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Is 55:10,11 The Word will inevitably have an impact.

Mat 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. And being filled, nothing else satisfies. In comparison to this, worldly desire are fleeting. "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1John 2:17 And how to overcome earthly desires, but to find satisfaction in the God's spiritual provisions.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
  • Thanks 1