Love Bug

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

He would get my phone number than he would call for a few days. @ the youth group he would walk me out to my mom's car & ask for his phone number after that he never called me back! I asked him to go to this dinner. So he went. then i went to a play that my friend was in. Robert was in the play & after the play when all of them bowed i saw a girl that looked just like me!( how my face looks & hair,eyes but a little bit skinnier than me). Robert had his arm around her! Before this my mom told him that i had a crush on him for 3 yrs! so he knows that i like like him! Plus he goes to my church & i'm in the praise team & when i see him i fall into a love crush mood while @ church in the praise team & during worship! I would look @ him then look away . I would do that all through praise & worship!

How can i get over this guy that is a jerk?

How can i focus more on my callings?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

spiritual_girl,

First of all, know that you aren't alone. As hard as it can be, others have gone through this situation before you and have lived to love again.

Secondly, and I'm telling you the truth, give it to Jesus. Completely. And then trust Him. Yes, it's more easily said than done. But it can be done. In order to do this, you must first love Jesus more than your feelings for this guy. Tell Jesus all about it. All the details. Get it out. He knows the truth anyway so why beat around the bush? Telling Him all about it will help to release some of the "pressure" you feel inside about the situation.

Next, find some scriptures to memorize for the times when you start thinking about him, or having those feelings about him again. Replace those thoughts with the scriptures. If you are angry with him, forgive him (and yourself). This is important! Forgiving others means that you surrender your "right" to get back at them. Forgiving isn't only words. It's demonstrating by your actions and your words. Only through forgiveness can Jesus complete His healing work in you. Lose all the bad thoughts about him being a 'jerk'. Don't discuss it with others anymore. That just turns into gossip. To move on you have to, well, move on!

It won't be easy, but it does get easier. If you will cling to Jesus through this time, each day will get better and better. You'll find you thought about him a few times less today than you did yesterday. It's a process. Be patient. Let God complete His perfect work in you.

If you want to get over him and move on in a healthy way, dear sister, listen to what I am telling you. I am telling you the truth. God bless you!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

hi i had a similar problem when i was in college i was always having crushes, but there was a particular one that caused me so much heart ache, i really like dhim and he led me on, until one day i saw him with this pretty girl he introduced as his girlfriend that really hurt me and shocked me and i started feelin like something was wrong with me,but i've come to realise that "a man finds his wife" any guy that doesn't show that much interest in you is just not interested in u, i have brothers and believe me i know when they've been hit by the love bug, save yourself endlss heart break, keep yourself busy, pretty and focused on God, you will feel lonely every now and then but remember that loniless is not the lack of affection and attention but the lack of direction, how important it is for every young girl to have control over her emotions! and stay close to God, you will only meet the guy that God wants for you when you are patient, trustin and prayerful!

chill babe! and forget the guy a lot of guys in my own experience are cowards they play too many games! Stay focused!

Edited by abbygbaby