• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,396
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Friend, are you trapped?

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Charles Swindoll wrote about these men who bring in animals from Africa for American zoos. They say that one of the hardest animals to catch there is the ringtailed monkey. For the Zulus of that continent, however, it's simple. They've been catching this agile little animal with ease for years.

The method the Zulus use is based on knowledge of the animal. Their trap is nothing more than a melon growing on a vine. The seeds of this melon are a favorite of the monkey. Knowing this, the Zulus simply cut a hole in the melon, just large enough for the monkey to insert his hand to reach the seeds inside. The monkey will stick his hand in, grab as many seeds as he can, then start to withdraw it. This he cannot do. His fist is now larger than the hole. The monkey will pull and tug, screech and fight the melon for hours. But he can't get free of the trap unless he gives up the seeds, which he refuses to do. Meanwhile, the Zulus sneak up and nab him.

There's a pretty clear moral to this story, wouldn't you say? If we really want to be free, we must let go of the things we love. The more we hold on to our earthly posessions, the more frustrated we will get and eventually, we will be entrapped.

Friend, let's let go of the worldly things we've been holding on to. God has much greater things for us to be doing than sitting here with our fists in a melon!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Be sure and watch as George delivered a powerful message this past weekend: "The Restoration of all things, Israel, Iran, and your prophetic role in the last days!" Also, be sure to subscribe to our new YouTube channel.

Editor's Note: Experience Real Israel with us— you don’t want to miss this!! We have limited spaces available. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours or send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com.

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Around the World
Iran’s Khamenei says ‘Zionist-controlled’ US government will sink like Titanic
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Wednesday said the United States will sink like the 'Titanic,' blaming it on 'wealthy Zionist individuals and corporate owners' who he said controlled the US economy.
EU Holding First Post-Brexit Summit
The European Union’s first post-Brexit summit Thursday in Brussels promises to be a contentious one. The subject is money — how to fill a nearly $65 billion budget gap left by Britain’s departure from the bloc.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Iron Dome upgrade deals another blow to enemy's desire to target Israeli civilians
The Israeli Defense Ministry recently announced a successful trial of what it described as an 'advanced version of the Iron Dome air-defense system.'
Netanyahu disavows Trump plan idea to redraw border around Arab Israeli towns
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has disavowed a suggestion in US President Donald Trump’s peace proposal to redraw Israel’s border to include numerous Arab Israeli towns in a future Palestinian state.

Inside the United States
Fed calls coronavirus 'a new risk to the global growth outlook'
The Federal Reserve considers its current policy stance as appropriate 'for a time' despite the coronavirus outbreak presenting a new threat to the global economy, minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting held in January revealed on Wednesday.
Trump warns California lawmakers to fix homelessness crisis or 'we're going to do it'
President Trump warned California lawmakers that he would be forced to 'clean up' the state’s homelessness epidemic if they are unable to, during a briefing in Los Angeles.
Candidates rip into Bloomberg, challenge Sanders at Democrats’ Nevada debate
From the opening bell, Democrats unleashed an aggressive verbal assault on New York billionaire Mike Bloomberg and raised new questions about Bernie Sanders' take-no-prisoners politics in a contentious debate Wednesday night on the Las Vegas Strip.
Bloomberg Targeted at Democratic Presidential Debate
Six U.S. Democratic presidential candidates squared off in a contentious debate late Wednesday, with billionaire former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg the target of sharp attacks from his challengers in their first face-to-face encounter.

Christian News
India pastor's house church, which he built with his own hands, all but destroyed
A pastor in India and former carpenter who built his own house church nine years ago has seen his flock all but scattered after villagers, instigated by a local Brahmin with high political connections, dug a trench to prevent people from entering and harassed believers through the month of January.
China Appoints Hardliner Known for Crackdown Against Churches to Oversight Role in Hong Kong
Xia Baolong, a former deputy and ally of President Xi Jinping, has been appointed by the Chinese government as the new director of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office. It's a move seen by some political analysts that Beijing intends to tighten its control over the city.

View the full article

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think George monitors this forum, maybe he's too busy with other things, but I never understood this type of commentary. I understand Phil. 4: 11, but I do not correlate his nor Chuck Swindoll's illustration with it.

Take the statement in the "brief" that says, " If we really want to be free, we must let go of the things we love." My challenge to George is, name something on this earth that you love right this moment that you can give up, in order to be free. My question is free? Free from what? You don't say. And just what exactly would you be freeing yourself up from or to? What about my 70 to 100 hour per week job that I am made to do, and it isn't up to me to set the hours? Am I worshipping my job? Maybe it doesn't qualify, because I don't love it, I hate it. Maybe because I hate it, it is now a Holy thing?

If I have already invited, received Jesus into my life, and He has taken over, what would I be freeing up by say, getting rid of my beloved dog? If I keep my dog, that I love, what bondage does that keep me in if I am already saved by Grace? Is keeping something I love sinful? What do you mean by love? Are you substituting love for replacing Jesus with it? Jesus will not leave the Christian, so I don't understand.

Maybe it depends on the "loved" thing. What about spaghetti? Or maybe the word "love" is the deal here. Can I really "love" my dog? Is that an inaccurate thing? Can I really "love" spaghetti?

My point in all of this is, if the Christian believes that they are already free because Jesus set me free from sin, then what is it that I will be freeing myself up from by dropping "things I love" off my list of possessions? If you believe you are free from the Law, because Jesus fulfilled it and paid the price in full, then I don't understand the need to lay a guilt trip on Christians for having stuff in their life that accuses them of idol worship.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, PeteZahalia said:

My point in all of this is, if the Christian believes that they are already free because Jesus set me free from sin, then what is it that I will be freeing myself up from by dropping "things I love" off my list of possessions?

The over all perspective is this- it is the attachment aspect of things: Do you see all that you have as belonging to God or yourself? The answer lies in stewardship... do you know this concept?

1 hour ago, PeteZahalia said:

If you believe you are free from the Law, because Jesus fulfilled it and paid the price in full, then I don't understand the need to lay a guilt trip on Christians for having stuff in their life that accuses them of idol worship.

Again it is as above... how are you attached to things

Luke 18:22-30

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?

27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

28 Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.

29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,

30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.
KJV

The litmus test of this passage is what we are speaking of below

Mark 12:29-30

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
KJV

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure about the relevance of the original post by George, to a Christian. Maybe it was intended for the lost, but how many lost souls would be reading these posts in this forum? Suppose a person gets rid of every worldly possession, receives Christ, then what? Do we prevent ourselves from acquiring anything material? Whether a born again Christian accumulates anything or not, it has no bearing on their salvation. I still don't get the relevance. We all own possessions, but they can't take away our salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1