• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

Jul 14, 2005 - FreeMarketNews.com

by staff reports

Fed up with high oil prices. The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has the answer for you. The market is to blame. According to Reuters, a 166 pp report by the Federal Trade Commission issued just last week found that higher gasoline prices reflected

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I think that the prices have been kept down for so long, that we are now just seeing it catch up to where it would have been if thing had just gone on as normal over the past ten years or so.

It's probably just what this report is saying, or close to it. We've had it good for a while, and now the party is over.

Which is bad for me personally because I drive 180 miles to work every day round trip (darn it!)

Yup, I don't see prices dipping below $2.00 a gallon anymore. In fact, it won't stay close to that for more than a few more weeks, if that.

In my town, average prices went from around $2.30, peaked, and then slid to around $1.90 for a few weeks. Then, last week, it jumped back up to $2.30 again.

Something we have to get used to, I guess.

As far as energy goes, we have to look inward as a country to figure out how we are going to plan ahead for the next few hundred years. Buying it from the Arabs will only go on for so long before we are shut off. All it's going to take is one revolution in Saudi Arabia like the one in Iran in '79 and we're sunk, as it stands right now.

All the windmills in California ain't gonna be enough to get me to work if that happens.

t.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I think that the prices have been kept down for so long, that we are now just seeing it catch up to where it would have been if thing had just gone on as normal over the past ten years or so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much longer than ten years, actually. I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Ted. I'm not proud of that, but it had to happen eventually, odds being what they are and all that. :rolleyes::)