• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1934

1.) The Bible condemns the shedding of innocent life:

Few people would argue this point. The Bible clearly prohibits taking the life of an innocent person. It follows that if the developing baby is a “qualified” member of the human race, all of these scriptures apply:

Genesis 9:6
“Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

Exodus 20:13
You shall not murder.

Deuteronomy 27:25
‘Cursed is he who accepts a bribe to strike down an innocent person.’

Proverbs 6:16-17
16 There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,

2.) The Bible teaches that Almighty God is responsible for human life.

This is truly the principle behind every human conception.

Job 33:4“The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Genesis 1:27 (NASB)27 “God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Humans are created in the image of God, they are therefore infinitely valuable.

FROM EDEN TO YOU - UNINTERRUPTED LIFE
Beginning with the union of gametes (Egg and Sperm) develops to a zygote,
to a blastocyst, to an embryo, to a fetus, even to inclusion of eggs and
sperm for a next generation.

3.) The Bible teaches that a child is a “person” whether born or unborn.

The Bible consistently uses the same word for a “born” or “unborn” baby. This is because the divine Author of the Bible did not recognize a material difference between the two.

In Scripture, there is not some special event when a “human being” becomes a “person”. Rather, he or she is a person from the beginning who goes through growth and development both inside and outside of the womb.

In the New Testament the Greek word “brephos” is used to describe the unborn, newborns, and youth.

In Luke 1:44, the word is used to mean unborn baby: “For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy.”

Then, in Luke 2:12, it means a newborn: “So they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the manger.”

And in Luke 18:15, “brephos” refers to a young child: “And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them.”

In the Old Testament the Hebrew word “yeled” is used in the same way. In Exodus 21:22 it means an unborn child, “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely…”.

And yet, in other Old Testament usages, it means “youth” or even a teenager (Exodus 2:10, Ex. 2:8).

As late as the 16th century in our own culture, “child” was the word used for both the born and unborn baby. Late in the game, we have developed a new word, “fetus”, to describe a developing baby (even this word is defined in some dictionaries as an “unborn human being”). Today, we often reserve the word “child” for a person already born.

4.) In the Old Testament God established laws that had those who took the life of an unborn child killed.

Exodus 21:22,23
22 ¶ “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. 23 “But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,

Amos 1:13
13 Thus says the LORD, “For three transgressions of the sons of Ammon and for four I will not revoke its punishment, Because they ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead In order to enlarge their borders.

5.) According to the Bible, God knew you before you were born.

FROM EDEN TO YOU - UNINTERRUPTED LIFE
Beginning with the union of gametes (Egg and Sperm) develops to a zygote, to a blastocyst, to an embryo, to a fetus, even to inclusion of eggs and sperm for a next generation.

Psalm 139 13-16
13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; 16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

David (the writer of Psalm 139) indicates that God knew who he was, and how long he would live, while he was still in his mothers womb. David also indicates that it is God, not simply some act of nature, that “formed,” and “wove” David’s physical body. With these concepts other Bible writers agree.

Isaiah 44:2
2 Thus says the LORD who made you And formed you from the womb, who will help you, ‘Do not fear, O Jacob My servant; And you Jeshurun whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 44:24
24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

Isaiah agrees with David, God formed man in the womb, it is his actions that are responsible for the making of a child.

Isaiah 49:1
1 ¶ Listen to Me, O islands, And pay attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called Me from the womb; From the body of My mother He named Me.

Isaiah 51:13
…you have forgotten the LORD your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens And laid the foundations of the earth….

God is our Maker. While we are in the womb we have identity. Identity is proof of life. To Jeremiah God said:

Jeremiah 1:5
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

This passage helps us to understand again the preciousness of human life. Man was not created as a piece of guesswork, there is a purpose in the creation of every human being. Man’s chief purpose is to glorify God by accomplishing His purposes.

These passages teach us that while we are in the womb we have an identity and a purpose to fulfill.

Let’s consider the case of Jesus for example. Was He recognized (considered alive) while in the womb? Do the Scriptures recognize life in the womb?

Luke 1:31
31 “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.”

Luke 1:41
41 “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Philippians 2:3-8 (NASB)
3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in a form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

In the womb Jesus had identity. God recognizes the unborn as a living child (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:41). When Elizabeth was pregnant, the unborn “babe” leaped in her womb. The Greek word translated “babe” is -{bref’-os}, it means:

1) an unborn child, embryo, a fetus
2) a new-born child, an infant, a babe This is the word that is used in Luke 1:41 to speak of Elizabeth’s child (John The Baptist) while he was in the womb, and also Jesus, after his birth in Luke 2:12, 16.

Luke 2:12 (NASB)
 12 “This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Luke 2:16 (NASB)
 16 “So they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the manger.”

Again, we find this word used in Luke 18:15, were the context is clearly talking about older children.

Luke 18:15
 15 ¶ And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them . . .”

If it is wrong to kill an infant anytime after birth, it must also be wrong to kill him anytime before birth. Birth only changes an infant’s living quarters, the way it attains sustenance, and the way it breaths.

The biological facts are these. Abortion kills something that has life. Leviticus 17:14 says:

Leviticus 17:14
 14 “For as for the life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, ‘You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

I posted this on a science board, and no scientist can come up with a valid rebuttal. Neither can any scientist duplicate this with any degree of success whatsoever. that is not saying the scientist cannot argue, it simply says his argument is futility personified.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

ABORTION - WHAT SAYETH THE SCRIPTURES?

The Holy Scripture is against this.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

In support, embryo/infants are separate people/beings and are not part of their mothers.

• Oy Vey! 1