• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Thank you for postin g this, Coliseum. As someone who survived a breaking of HIPAA, and a betrayed trust in those who I was supposed to be in their care,

I feel like a version of my own type of widow. One who is disenfranchised, And not recognized as real grief.

Thank you for the parable. Is this also, In the Bible as a verse ? ?

I think, sister, the idea of praying and not giving up is that we "stand firm to the end." James tells us not to waver back and forth, and Jesus all through Scripture tells us to believe: "I say to you that whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it and it will be yours." It is especially difficult in times of personal setback and hardship---but that is the whole point; faith is always something we must lean on Christ for. The battle is not ours, but His. Paul tells us that it is in our weakness that we are made strong in Christ. There are some with extremely weak faith, and some with strong faith, but Jesus tells us not to compare ourselves with one another, because He gives us the faith we need according to his measure. I am always drawn back to the time Moses told the Israelites to cross the Red Sea. A mountain on one side and a mountain on the other, and behind them the best of the Egyptian army chasing them, to either bring them back as slaves or kill them. Imagine their only escape was between two walls of water. Can you hear some saying, "I know I can do this. God's got this," and others saying, "Oh my gosh. I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die." Yet every single one made it across---from death to life. It was never about the quantity of faith they had, but the Object of their faith---Jesus Christ, who saved them equally. It was actually a beautiful picture of salvation---getting out of slavery and making it into freedom. Of course the real "getting out" was in Christ, out of sin into real freedom. Each man does this with the faith Jesus gives him by resting in the One who did it all for us. Bless you sister as you struggle---as we all struggle. We struggle to stop struggling by resting in the One who did that for us. So, keep a mindset of praying and pouring out your heart to the Lord. He delights in a two-way conversation. ❤️

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, Coliseum said:

In the parable of the judge and the old widow, Jesus gives us a template to not give up. If I have an adversary (problem), I am encouraged to beseech Jesus for an answer. "And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly."

Yet with Paul,

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 (NIV)
7  To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
8  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

So, should I believe that with each person, God's answer, or not, is conditional? What basis in Scripture should the parable not apply to all men that are "his chosen ones"?

Thx guys and gals.

God's chosen ones are Jesus's sheep and the messianic Jews.