Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

An old, worn page fell like a leaf from my bible. It originally came from some archival page from, "Our Daily Bread" devotionals. I've kept it all these years...

*(abridged)

Be ye kind one to another. Eph 4:32 and Love suffereth long, and is kind. 1 Cor 13:4.

An elderly man fought back tears as he told me about the kindness of Christian friends during his recent stay in the hospital. Someone had brought his wife to see him every day. A neighbor mowed the grass and weeded the garden. A group from church had cleaned the house and prepared it for winter.

In another story, a Christian lady had lived in a nursing home for years. She said that one day a friend who was going into the country to buy some strawberries stopped by and invited her to go along. They drove by several places that brought back fond memories to the older lady. They browsed a fruit and vegetable stand. Later the elder lady wrote, "It would be difficult for anyone to understand the thrill of just buying a tomato! It took so little, but it did so much to make me happy."

We often forget the importance of being kind to one another. We speak harsh and unloving words and run roughshod over people's feelings. We get so busy with our own selfish pursuits that we forget the needs of others.

Remember, small and seemingly unimportant acts of thoughtfulness can lift the spirits of people who are lonely, brokenhearted, and discouraged. And these little kindnesses please the Lord.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Very timely and a humble reminder. Thank you so much, Cats. After all, how we treat each other is the gauge that God uses to measure our love for Him. How we treat other people demonstrates our love for the Father. How easily we get wrapped up in ourselves and being right.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Treat others how you would want to be treated or What would Jesus do comes to mind when i am not feeling very friendly at times. People forget that not everyone has a good heart. Simply because others aren't kind to them. Be kind to others!

It seems like kindness and humility are good topics to deeply ponder. There's just no substitute for living and walking like Jesus did...

It seems like kindness and humility are good topics to deeply ponder. There's just no substitute for living and walking like Jesus did...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHat does this mean?

After all, how we treat each other is the gauge that God uses to measure our love for Him. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noidea:

1 John 4:20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with my whole heart! I believe humility is the root of all the gifts. My prayer is that God would teach me what it is to walk in humility before Him and others every day of my life; prefering others over myself.

People forget that not everyone has a good heart. Simply because others aren't kind to them. Be kind to others!

This is very true, Constant! Our treatment of others is very important because, as the other saying goes, "You may be the only Bible some people ever read." Our life in Jesus needs to be walked out and demonstrated. It's not something private we keep to ourselves. That's selfishness.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Very timely and a humble reminder.  Thank you so much, Cats.  After all, how we treat each other is the gauge that God uses to measure our love for Him.  How we treat other people demonstrates our love for the Father.  How easily we get wrapped up in ourselves and being right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen. I have been praying for the Saints, myself included, on Worthy to be kind to one another, and to all who visit here. Cats this is very timely and an answer to prayer, indeed. Thank you so much, dear.

Love and kindness to you all. :noidea:

Homeward

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHat does this mean?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Constant, Keith had previously started a topic many months ago about "Humility" and it was a runaway hit on Worthy Boards. :noidea:

If we were all to focus only on the character of Jesus Christ, in all of His holiness....we'd have enough topics and forums as exhaustive as eternity itself.

Keith, we really should just start a whole topic on "holiness". I've been really feeling that leading lately.

Kinda on the subject and off the subject:

Ever since I was saved, I have been "preaching" to others. Whether they listen or not. Also, my husband tends to throw the words " Only God......" alot of the times. Like if someone is rude or what not he says "God will take care of him." As my walk continues and I grow stronger in my faith, it shows and others pick it up.