• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I thought one of the guidelines of this board was respect for one another but it seems that no one can respect my wishes not to parade my beliefs in this open forum or to people I do not know.

I have seen here how just the appearance that ones beliefs that do not exactly fall in to step with the majority or as in my case failure to proclaim my belief in God and Jesus are criticized or their beliefs are dismissed out of hand.

If I were the wolf in sheep’s clothing you seem to think I am I would have no problem proclaiming what ever it is that I thought you wanted to hear and go merrily on my way subverting this board but that is not what I have done.

So onward and upward.

What do I believe? Without getting into full details for that would require more space and time than I am willing to put into it right now.

I believe in God with all my heart and soul.

I believe that everyone has the right of freedom of choice.

That we all have the right to make our own decisions whether for good or bad and it will be God’s judgment not mans that I am concerned with.

I believe that God will judge us on how we interact with each other and (I dislike using this term because of personal interpretations) how good we have been to our fellow man not how true to the scriptures we have been. For he knows us for who and what we really are.

I believe that God shows himself to his human flock in many ways. That he comes to each in a way that can be comprehended in the context of that time and culture.

I believe that the good ideas of God have been subverted by most of the organized religions of the world and it is up to each of us to honor him as best we can.

I believe that the more I know about other religions the more I will fine common themes of God in them.

I believe we communicate directly with God and he with us. In fact we do it constantly. It’s just we seldom realize when he is talking back. The more civilized we have become the more complex our world has become the less we are in tuned to his voice and we sometimes miss the little things.

I hope this settles your curiosity. As I hope you see I have a great love for God. As for Jesus, I’m working on him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I certainly agree :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen too. :blink::noidea::blink::taped::thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

I was good too...till I read that "I believe that the more I know about other religions the more I will find common themes of God in them..."

Gotta disagree with you here. On the other side of the coin, the more you find out about other religions, the more you'll find that the keystone of the Christian faith is that we serve a risen Savior, instead of a dead leader, as most other religions now have...

There is nothing "in common", in that sense, between Christianity and other faiths...ours has always been an exclusivistic faith (Paul's statements in Eph. 4, or Christ's own statement that 'no man comes to the Father except through Me' for example).

Just thought I'd clear that up...Blessings,

AP

:emot-highfive:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/02/1952

:emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To start with I didn't say There was common themes with christianity I said "I believe that the more I know about other religions the more I will fine common themes of God in them."

as to the rest let's just say we disagree and leave mit at that

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates

Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Well, considering God and Christianity go together, it does make one wonder...

Well, considering God and Christianity go together, it does make one wonder...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But a belief in God alone doesn't make you a christian! That also makes you wonder.

My friend is one... who take me for what I am.

Henry David Thoreau

US Transcendentalist author (1817 - 1862)

*agrees with that, so then wonders why the disagreement?*

*agrees with that, so then wonders why the disagreement?*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too!!!! ;)

"Gotta disagree with you here. On the other side of the coin, the more you find out about other religions, the more you'll find that the keystone of the Christian faith is that we serve a risen Savior, instead of a dead leader, as most other religions now have...

There is nothing "in common", in that sense, between Christianity and other faiths...ours has always been an exclusivistic faith (Paul's statements in Eph. 4, or Christ's own statement that 'no man comes to the Father except through Me' for example)."

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act III

Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)

;) Again, perhaps still wondering...unless that by posting what I said earlier, you're in agreement with me...

Both statements are indeed the truth...as Christians, we're blessed to serve and live for a risen Savior; also, the Christian faith is one of exclusivism (only one way to God and that way is through Christ).

Sorry if I misunderstood, just wondering if we're on the "same page"...

AP ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

I thought one of the guidelines of this board was respect for one another but it seems that no one can respect my wishes not to parade my beliefs in this open forum or to people I do not know.

I have seen here how just the appearance that ones beliefs that do not exactly fall in to step with the majority or as in my case failure to proclaim my belief in God and Jesus are criticized or their beliefs are dismissed out of hand.

If I were the wolf in sheep’s clothing you seem to think I am I would have no problem proclaiming what ever it is that I thought you wanted to hear and go merrily on my way subverting this board but that is not what I have done.

So onward and upward.

What do I believe? Without getting into full details for that would require more space and time than I am willing to put into it right now.

I believe in God with all my heart and soul.

I believe that everyone has the right of freedom of choice.

That we all have the right to make our own decisions whether for good or bad and it will be God’s judgment not mans that I am concerned with.

I believe that God will judge us on how we interact with each other and (I dislike using this term because of personal interpretations) how good we have been to our fellow man not how true to the scriptures we have been. For he knows us for who and what we really are.

I believe that God shows himself to his human flock in many ways. That he comes to each in a way that can be comprehended in the context of that time and culture.

I believe that the good ideas of God have been subverted by most of the organized religions of the world and it is up to each of us to honor him as best we can.

I believe that the more I know about other religions the more I will fine common themes of God in them.

I believe we communicate directly with God and he with us. In fact we do it constantly. It’s just we seldom realize when he is talking back. The more civilized we have become the more complex our world has become the less we are in tuned to his voice and we sometimes miss the little things.

I hope this settles your curiosity. As I hope you see I have a great love for God. As for Jesus, I’m working on him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am new to this site and do not know what injustice has or has not been done to you. i think there must need to be tolerance on each side. if you would discuss your beliefs and hold ups openly, others must be allowed to tell you theirs w/o you feeling as though they have disregarded yours. Christ is the way that we approach the Father. your hang ups are not irrelevant, but i am sure that it is the desire of everyone in here that you would find the peace and surety of Jesus Christ. Do not let unkindness or hypocrisy stop you from pursuit of truth. So often the biggest hang up of those who do not know the LORD, is lack of Christians showing His love. His love is real and set aside for you as well as us.

everyone struggles everyone has hangups. don't feel bad, but more importantly don't quit. God has promised that he who seeks will find, he who asks will be given an answer, and he who knocks will have the door opened to him.