• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

3 hours ago, Paul James said:

How do we know that the separation of the continents took millions of years. 

You do not know how science works? 60 years ago when I was in grade school the theory of continental drift was just that a theory. It had not been proven. Some of the work on finding evidence to prove that theory was done by Edwin H. Colbert when he studied the remains of dinosaurs in the rocky mountains and other places in the world. Now they have the theory of  plate tectonics and quite a bit is known about this. We can see that the Arab Continental plate is 1500 by 1500 miles. This is the size of the New Jerusalem in the Bible. We know that there is going to be an earthquake at the mount of olives when Jesus returns. We know from Science that this is exactly what is going to take place. Zecharia 14:4 "On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving to the north and half to the south" So we have scientific evidence and Bible evidence to support the theory. 

• Group:  Royal Member

On 7/1/2020 at 4:41 PM, BeyondET said:

God, who created the beautiful garden.

Noah saved all the plants and animals on the Ark from the Garden of Eden. There are people in Jerusalem with PhD's in Botany that can tells us about how The wild plants in the Middle East became domesticated. The Bible talks a lot about the plants and animals we find there. Sheep, Goats - grapes, rye, olives, figs and so on. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

19 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The Bible is first literal, second symbolic and third numeric. Noah's food took place around 4,300 years ago. This is an archetype of the flood that took place at Pangea 200 million years ago. We can study the air bubbles in ice core samples to see that "the floodgates of the heavens were opened" (Genesis 7:11) All the dinosaurs we find in the rocky mountains are in flood deposits. The Tigris and Euphrates rivers are still there today. 

How do we know that the Flood happened just 4,300 years ago?  There is evidence that people migrated to the Americas around 20,000 years ago.   I don't think the Bible provides enough evidence for a reliable, hard and fast timeline.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, missmuffet said:

here are speculations but the Bible doesn't tell us where it was. I will stick with that. 

Genesis 2:10,11,12 tells us: "10Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it branched into four headwaters: 11The name of the first river is Pishon; it winds through the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12And the gold of that land is pure, and bdellium and onyx are found there.

This is plenty enough information for us to find where Eden was. 

5 hours ago, Paul James said:

How do we know that the Flood happened just 4,300 years ago? 

This is all explained in Bishop Usshers book. 

5 hours ago, Paul James said:

There is evidence that people migrated to the Americas around 20,000 years ago.

Yes this was before Adam and Eve. Man came up out of Africa around 40,000 years ago. Gerald Schroeder does a very good job of explaining how OEC relates to the Bible and Genesis ch 1. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 4/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, JohnR7 said:

You do not know how science works? 60 years ago when I was in grade school the theory of continental drift was just that a theory. It had not been proven. Some of the work on finding evidence to prove that theory was done by Edwin H. Colbert when he studied the remains of dinosaurs in the rocky mountains and other places in the world. Now they have the theory of  plate tectonics and quite a bit is known about this. We can see that the Arab Continental plate is 1500 by 1500 miles. This is the size of the New Jerusalem in the Bible. We know that there is going to be an earthquake at the mount of olives when Jesus returns. We know from Science that this is exactly what is going to take place. Zecharia 14:4 "On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving to the north and half to the south" So we have scientific evidence and Bible evidence to support the theory. 

I'll take your word for it.  

On 4/10/2021 at 5:44 PM, Paul James said:

I'll take your word for it.  

Ok, that is good. There seems to be general agreement between the people working on different aspects of this theory. My son is actually working on elastic wave equationAs a part of his final project before he graduates. So I have been looking into that and how that relates to the foundation of the earth that we read about in the Bible. Psalm 102:25 "In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands". Paul talks about this in Hebrews 1:11. "You will roll them up like a robe".

On 4/9/2021 at 5:47 PM, Paul James said:

How do we know that the Flood happened just 4,300 years ago?

We know because we study the genealogies (generations) in the Bible. Noah's father could have known Adam as they were both alive on the earth for a short period of time. So I can verify that Bishop Ussher's book is accurate. This was written around 500 years ago so this takes none of our current science into consideration. Science goes by 8,000 years but they are not always right, the Bible is always accurate. https://www.livescience.com/10340-lost-civilization-existed-beneath-persian-gulf.htmlk

There is something to be said when someones book is still in print after 500 years. 

Edited by JohnR7

On 4/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Paul James said:

The catastrophic Flood was so disruptive, that it totally changed the geography of the planet.   How do we know that the separation of the continents took millions of years.  They could have been separated through the disruption of the surface of the planet at that time, because it not only rained, but the fountains of the great deep were opened up, disrupting the earth's service and geographical makeup.  This means that the river that flowed out of Eden no longer exists.

My son has his degree in computer engineering with a minor in math. His final project has   to do with the elastic wave equationI have done a fair amount of study on gradualism vs catastrophism in geology. This all has to do with water pressure. I use to design and sell sprinkler systems in Utah so I know how exact and precise water pressure is. I had to know the exact pattern - area the sprinkler would cover based on the customers water pressure. Also we can look at the Oroville Dam crisis.  The idiot engineers did not take catastrophism into consideration and they came very close to creating a catastrophic event. The evacuation involved more than 180,000 people living downstream.  

On 4/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, missmuffet said:

There are speculations but the Bible doesn't tell us where it was. I will stick with that. 

The Bible (Moses) tells us exactly where Eden was: "10Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it branched into four headwaters: 11The name of the first river is Pishon; it winds through the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12And the gold of that land is pure, and bdellium and onyx are found there" (Genesis 2) You do not get better or a more accurate description than this.