• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Leanne,

There are no guarantees that you will not be hurt again. I used to run from situations out of fear of getting hurt, and you know what, you keep running the rest of your life until you realize that life hurts and God doesn't promise us it won't hurt, in fact he promises us it will. He says we will be rejected and betrayed and forgotten and mistreated, etc. I know, I know, this is not very encouraging, but it is reality. If I try to encourage you to trust people again and then you do thinking maybe this next time you won't get hurt and then you get hurt, then what will happen? You will retreat even more. So, what's the solution? Our trust has to be in the Lord and the Lord alone. We don't put our trust in man. We trust God WITH man. We trust that he knows best and that man can not do anything to us that God has not allowed but he will give us the grace to handle it. And, each time we trust him and we cast our cares on him and we cry out our hurts to him and release them to him, he makes us stronger. He truly does.

There is an old song I used to sing, "Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus, shattered dreams, wounded hearts and broken toys. Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus, and he will turn your sorrow into joy." I can't tell you the number of times I sang that song to the Lord with streams of tears flowing down my cheeks and sobs breaking up my voice so that I could hardly get the words out. I liked the words to the Psalm I quoted to you where it talked about God having a record of our tears or something like that. I thought, my record was be HUMONGOUS!! But, God is the healer of those hurts. Just let the pain come. Let the memories surface and when they do just cry them out to Jesus and let his healing touch meet you in your pain. He wants to release you and for you to be free. Give them all to Jesus. He will turn your sorrow into joy. I know!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I can't tell you the number of times I sang that song to the Lord with streams of tears flowing down my cheeks and sobs breaking up my voice so that I could hardly get the words out. I liked the words to the Psalm I quoted to you where it talked about God having a record of our tears or something like that. I thought, my record was be HUMONGOUS!! But, God is the healer of those hurts. Just let the pain come. Let the memories surface and when they do just cry them out to Jesus and let his healing touch meet you in your pain. He wants to release you and for you to be free. Give them all to Jesus. He will turn your sorrow into joy. I know!!

AMEN! --- Been there! This is good stuff, Leanne and it reminded me of Romans 8:26+27: In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

WHOA! That blows my mind. The most high God doesn't even have an assistant! He intercedes for us HIMSELF! --- Meditate on that, Leanne. ---

Edited by Sisterchick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I can't tell you the number of times I sang that song to the Lord with streams of tears flowing down my cheeks and sobs breaking up my voice so that I could hardly get the words out. I liked the words to the Psalm I quoted to you where it talked about God having a record of our tears or something like that. I thought, my record was be HUMONGOUS!! But, God is the healer of those hurts. Just let the pain come. Let the memories surface and when they do just cry them out to Jesus and let his healing touch meet you in your pain. He wants to release you and for you to be free. Give them all to Jesus. He will turn your sorrow into joy. I know!!

AMEN! --- Been there! This is good stuff, Leanne and it reminded me of Romans 8:26+27: In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

WHOA! That blows my mind. The most high God doesn't even have an assistant! He intercedes for us HIMSELF! --- Meditate on that, Leanne. ---

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool!! :)

Guest 777luvsme
I just want to know when the nightmares and flashbacks will go away.  I try not to think about it, but things I see, smell, and even touch are bringing these God awful memories back to me.  I am beginning to think I have an outer sign that says abuse me on it.  How dumb can I be?  I am so tired of being hurt by people, so I try to lean more on the Lord, but I think He is even holding me away because I don't feel close to him as I once did.  I know I did the moving and it will take time to get back into the circle of God, and I know I need to be more patient.  But the longer I wait, the worse I am getting.  I really cannot tell anyone everything that has happened in my short miserable life, but I don't want to continue down this path.  I started self mutilation once, and believe it or not it seemed to help with the pain inside.  I don't think anyone really understands unless they have been there. Again, I know it is horribly wrong.  I just don't know.  So, when will the nightmares go away?  Can anyone tell me? If anyone has any answers please e-mail me at lgripton@yahoo.com

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The lord loves u! He never leaves us , we leave him!..Are u seeking counsoling 4 ur past?..If not I beleive it b a good idea 2 be counsoled by a man of god 2 help u thru these horrible times and nightmares as well!..

My family and I b praying 4 u!! U have a friend in Christ..777luvs me ;)