Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

A beggar once said to an emperor, "If you are going to give me anything, it must be on one condition." The emperor, who had never met such a beggar, asked what the condition might be. "You must absolutely fill my bowl," said the beggar. "I'm no beggar! I can fill your small bowl even with diamonds," replied the emperor and he ordered it done. Many precious stones were poured into the bowl, but they disappeared as they fell in. Now the emperor said in a rage, "Even if my whole kingdom disappears, I cannot allow this beggar to embarrass me." But the diamonds continued to vanish. Finally, the emperor asked the beggar to tell him the secret of the begging bowl. "It is made of human ego, of selfishness," replied the beggar. " It gloats everything, yet remains always empty, hungry, never satisfied." Luxurious cars, big bank accounts, fine houses, high positions and reputation are just challenges to the ego to demand more. There is though a way this “bottomless bowl of human selfishness” be filled up. “The unsearchable riches of Christ” can fill “the bottomless bowl of human selfishness.” How so? The Gospel recounts how two of Jesus’ disciples, James and John, came unto him, saying, “Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory. “They “did not know what they asked for.” Jesus said to his disciples: “whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefs, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. “(Mark 10:37-45) Thus “the unsearchable riches of Christ” were described by the Lord Jesus Himself: The Son of God Himself being our servant and we following Him in sacrifice for truth. The only real glory is to renounce glory. Even heavenly beings cast down their crowns before the throne of Christ. (Revelation 4:10)

......Pastor Richard Wurmbrand

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,404
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

A man with a compelling testimony of Christ... Richard Wurmbrand endured much for the sake of the Lord. Thank you for sharing this today! :) 

• Thumbs Up 1