• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

A few things:

The vast majority of the BLM protests were non-violent. The single Trump protest was violent. 

Last comment on the subject.  - Fact Check  There have been hundreds of peaceful protests of Conservatives and Trump supporters starting with the Tea Party movement to the Trump Rallies

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

5 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

Last comment on the subject.  - Fact Check  There have been hundreds of peaceful protests of Conservatives and Trump supporters starting with the Tea Party movement to the Trump Rallies

I'm referring to how the BLM protests spanned multiple days. The rally on January 6th was a more confined thing. I know there have been plenty of nonviolent conservative protests. Overall most of the BLM protests were also nonviolent. 

The difference from January 6th is people were saying stuff like "1776" and starting to talk about civil war, rebellion, attacking other government institutions and using social media to coordinate. This specific riot - fueled by Trump - is a bit of a unique thing.

• Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Trump didn't fuel this.....this anger, this indignation was fueled by  a much deeper source.  Trump is of little part of this great dissatisfaction.  He will be gone in a week, the people will not. (trying to avoid specifics) and it is not unique.

okay now this really is my last comment ;)

incite.jpg

Edited by Riverwalker

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

The difference from January 6th is people were saying stuff like "1776" and starting to talk about civil war, rebellion, attacking other government institutions and using social media to coordinate. 

I invite you to join the "Occupy Democrats" group on Facebook. Although I'm sure you're a member already.

Edited by exrockstar

Guest kingdombrat
5 hours ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

I agree with you, I think decisions should have been made much more quickly than they were. I think many in this country tend to ignore problems and let them get out of hand, in the meantime trying to profit as much as possible.

Then suddenly - boom - some negative event happens and everyone tries to distance themselves from who/whatever is getting the bad press. I'd argue companies were hedging their bets on who would have power in the future, and once it was clear Trump wouldn't be in power they quickly distanced themselves from him. You're seeing that with other republicans in government - they've been silent for years, but suddenly it's clear Trump won't be around for a second term they're dropping him like a hot potato.

You believe in coincidences then?   I believe God's Plan is splendidly unfolding before our very eyes.   I think we are in a [sudden low] like the "(calm before the {storm})."   I think I've read something similar to this moment hundreds of times, discussed it too many to remember.

4 minutes ago, kingdombrat said:

You believe in coincidences then?   I believe God's Plan is splendidly unfolding before our very eyes.   I think we are in a [sudden low] like the "(calm before the {storm})."   I think I've read something similar to this moment hundreds of times, discussed it too many to remember.

We're definitely living in strange times, on that we can agree :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, exrockstar said:

I invite you to join the "Occupy Democrats" group on Facebook. Although I'm sure you're a member already.

I don't use Facebook much, sorry to disappoint. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,278
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

Facebook and the social media in general isn't to my taste, either. I zapped my FB account a long time ago and I never bothered with Twitter. It's mostly superfluous garbage, and it's depressing that a considerable swathe of people derive their news from those sources. "I saw it on Facebook so it must be true!" is the new slogan to replace the older one, perhaps. 

• Well Said! 1

Guest kingdombrat
8 hours ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

We're definitely living in strange times, on that we can agree :thumbsup:

Interesting, all of your answers are based upon reason.   I toss in God and you go to naturalistic.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

It isn't our government that's the problem.  The US Constitution is is as valid as it has ever been.  It is the second greatest document in the history of the world whose truths are still self evident to those with eyes to see.  Obviously the Bible is the greatest document in the history of the world.

The real problem is that our citizenry has increasingly descended into evil.  When the majority of the people in a society become evil, no form of government will stop the evil.  It will only reflect that evil.  When the majority of the people become so evil as to deny God and his word, and seek to eliminate God from all areas of life, in direct violation of the will of God as well as the Bill of Rights of our Constitution, it is not our government or God who has failed.  It is the hearts of men that have failed.  We are at the tipping point or beyond now.  The majority of our citizens seem to have rejected God, Godly values, and government and law rooted in faith in God.  A new government will not solve the problem of an evil populace that will simply use or subvert it for evil designs.  The only thing we can do is to stay our course with God, bring as many people as possible to Christ, and pray.  The rest is in God's hands.  We are near the end times, so it may be God's will to allow these things to escalate to the final reckoning.  We need to fight the good fight to the end.  There is no reason to overthrow government.  There is every reason to change the hearts, minds and souls of evil people who promote the use of government, and freedom to advance their own evil agenda.  Godly people lead to good governance, and evil people lead to evil governance within the same basic government structure.  This is especially true in a democracy where changes can be huge and swift, based on the most recent elections.  When freedom is viewed as freedom to sin, and defy God, a great blessing is subverted, and becomes a tool of evil.  But is is still just a tool of evil.  The source of the evil is in the hearts of men.

2 Tim 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.

Isa 3:8-9

For Jerusalem stumbled,
And Judah is fallen,
Because their tongue and their doings
Are against the Lord,
To provoke the eyes of His glory.
The look on their countenance witnesses against them,
And they declare their sin as Sodom;
They do not hide it.
Woe to their soul!
For they have brought evil upon themselves.