Constant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Take captives, torture them, and let some of them live and return them back to the terrorists. Or, torture them and send their mutilated bodies back to the terrorists or families with a note explaining this is what will occur to all terrorists. You take terrorists that have committed crimes by killing people and execute them in a very troublesome way infront of the public, so all others are discouraged from becomming terrorists. No man will want to die for Allah if he realizes he will be torn limb from limb prior to doing so.

Does it sound inhumane? Does it sound gross? Does it sound like it came from the mind of a sick man? I think it does, but unfortunately if you want to win this war you have to fight this war on their level. We can't hold to civility when we're fighting men who don't want to be civil. We can't wage a gentlemen's war with a bunch of evil men. You want to win the war in Iraq and discourage terrorism, then you fight it their way. You kidnap their leadesr and hold them for ransom. You chop off their leaders heads whilst video taping it, and send it to the terrorists. You make the price too high. You violate international law, you get rid of the treaties, and you act like barbarians until the opposition submits.

I am not saying it is right. I am not saying I agree with it. What I am saying is that it is the only way to defeat terrorists.

Nah, we must beat them on our terms, and with our techniques, not theirs.

War should only be a tool to be weilded when all else fails. If it's needed, then we must use it, but only as a way to initially get the upper hand.

Once done, I think we could be more effective by showing them we actually care about them. It's the common citizenry I'm talking about here. The more they see us helping rebuild their lives, the more they will see that the terrorists are harming them. Hopefully, that will give them the incentive to fight for their own safety and stability.

If anyone hasn't caught on yet, this is exactly what we are in the middle of doing right now.

t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you studied their culture and look at how it opperates? Imagine BTK times ten thousand. That is what we're up against.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Um, yes.

Actually, I was there for 9 months. Afghanistan and Qatar are two very different places, so I got a pretty good look at both extremes.

When you boil it all down, they're just people.

The terrorists are a different matter entirely. There's not much use in showing them anything besides the end of a M-16 barrel, for it is what they understand. But even with that said, quite a few have turned themselves around and have given us some good info after some lengthy discussion. A few have even accompanied our troops into villages and turned some of their old bosses in to us, or led us to them.

Most are brain dead, or brain washed, but every so often, we find a few that are willing to help.

I draw a comparison between this and the riots that go on in S. Korea at the start of each college semester. If we would scan the news during these times, we might conclude that the S. Koreans don't want us there, but when you dig a little deeper, we know that it's just a few thousand students that make all of the noise. Most of the regular folk love us there, and still remember how we helped them in the 50's.

It's almost the same way in Afghanistan today. A few thousand Taliban-types make all of the noise, but most of the people care less about them, and still remember our help in the 70's against the Russian invasion.

Besides actually being there, I have also studied a bit of their historical background too. Mainly because I was there and like to know what I am dealing with.

Saying that they are all terrorists is like one of them coming over here, attending a Black Panther meeting, and concluding that all Americans hate white people.

Or, attending a KKK rally and concluding that all Americans hate black people.

See what I mean?

There's always more to the story.

War is something that is reality in some cases. There are times when it can't be avoided, but it is never the only option, and shouldn't be treated as such in every case. Neither is the complete annihilation of a people based on misinformation. It wasn't right when Hitler tried it, nor Pol Pot.

It is not what we are doing over there now for good reason. The good reason is...it's just not right. :noidea:

t.

Well I'm not saying that everyone there is like that. What I am advocating...and I'm sure you can back this up...is that we are fighting a bunch of people with seriel killer minds? How else do you counter that without violence? I'm not even saying that all the people are terrorist, I am speaking of what we need to do solely with the terrorist.

I hope you don't think I was advocating we need to do this to everyone there. What I was advocating is we do it to enemy combatants, guys who have been caught firing on our soldiers. The ones who, no matter what, will not cease fire. We need to take the ring leaders and torture them, and let their followers know that they are being tortured. You know, as well as I know, this makes the cost too high to be a martyr.

As for you actually being there....mind if I put some salt on my foot before inserting it into my mouth?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Some of those enemy combatants are children. Others are women, some of which are with child.

Are you saying we should be torturing children? Hacking off the heads of pregnant women? Inflicting unspeakable pain because the other side does it?

You can not fight an enemy of shadows and expect to win. Doing to them what they do to us only strengthens their cause in the eyes of the world.

We took pictures of naked prisoners and the world condemned us. They give us videos of people having their heads hacked off and the world says nothing.

Repaying evil with evil? I don't believe God is with you on this one. But then who knows the mind of God?

Think about it.

Some of those enemy combatants are children. Others are women, some of which are with child.

Are you saying we should be torturing children? Hacking off the heads of pregnant women? Inflicting unspeakable pain because the other side does it?

You can not fight an enemy of shadows and expect to win. Doing to them what they do to us only strengthens their cause in the eyes of the world.

We took pictures of naked prisoners and the world condemned us. They give us videos of people having their heads hacked off and the world says nothing.

Repaying evil with evil? I don't believe God is with you on this one. But then who knows the mind of God?

Think about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A brief study of militant islam will show if you treat them worse than they treat others, then they tire of war very quickly. This is done by studying the wars between the Arab tribes prior to WWI and then studying some of the wars that have occured between them since then.

As for God being with me on killing children and women and enemy combatants....I just got done reading Joshua. I suggest you read it as well before saying that God would be totally against it.

Also, it is a myth that children are being used. While they are being used in isolated cases, it is mainly males that are doing this. Likewise a child can be captured and taught about what hatred does...re-educated if you will. A grown male adult can't, it is much harder...so make a lesson out of him.

The Israelis are known for their interrogation tactics. When do you suppose the enemy will tire of them?

If you do a "brief" study you will find that there are many children working for the terrorists. And even if there was only one, does that justify evil for evil?

If adults are unable to unlearn what they have learned, I would not know God.

Didn't God say "Vengeance is mine, I will repay"? Didn't He also say "Love your neighbor as yourself"?

Repaying evil for evil only guarantees the continuation of evil.

Instead of searching for scripture that justifies your need for the killing of women and children, maybe you should take a look at what Christ has to say. You may learn a thing or two. But since you're a grown man and unable to learn, it would only be a waste of time, right?

Think about.

The Israelis are known for their interrogation tactics. When do you suppose the enemy will tire of them?

Have you noticed how the attacks have been diminishing?

If you do a "brief" study you will find that there are many children working for the terrorists. And even if there was only one, does that justify evil for evil?

Yes

Didn't God say "Vengeance is mine, I will repay"? Didn't He also say "Love your neighbor as yourself"?

How do you know God wont' use us for His vengence?

Doing nothing ensures the victory of evil.

Instead of searching for scripture that justifies your need for the killing of women and children, maybe you should take a look at what Christ has to say. You may learn a thing or two. But since you're a grown man and unable to learn, it would only be a waste of time, right?

I didn't have to search scripture. There is an entire book dedicated to the issue. Have you even heard of, much less read, the book of Joshua?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Children have bombs strapped to them, knives by their sides. THey smile to the American troops as they pass by and when one of our men or women go to greet them, they get blown up or stabbed. Children are capable of just as much as adults.

Exactly. I know I sound sick, but this is, unfortunately, a good military strategy. We are trying to fight a civilized war against uncivilized people (terrorist). My belief is the general population of Iraq wants civility, this shown in the support of the Constitution. There are simply a few who are ardently against it. To them, we need to take their war to them.

Have you noticed how the attacks have been diminishing?

Yes

How do you know God wont' use us for His vengence?

Doing nothing ensures the victory of evil.

I didn't have to search scripture. There is an entire book dedicated to the issue. Have you even heard of, much less read, the book of Joshua?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Diminished attacks on Israel. You're kidding, right?

There is no justification for the torture of a child. Repaying evil for evil only leaves evil. Does your bloodthirsty mind understand that?

If God wanted us to be warriors, His message would be one of war. There is no room for love and compassion on the battlefield. It's kill or be killed.

To say "doing nothing ensures the victory of evil" is denying the power of God.

As for my reading habits, I spend most of my time on the teaching's of Christ. I do not search God's word for reasons to hate. He said "love your neighbor", "not hit'em and run".

You should be careful about what you say on these boards. Your words are your witness.