WorthyNews: Israeli NGO mints silver coin to fund third temple for the nations

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The Mikdash (Temple) Educational Center in conjunction with Rabbi Hillel Weiss, the former spokesman for the Sanhedrin, has minted a silver coin to promote a practical effort to establish the third temple.

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 3/14/2022 at 10:48 PM, WorthyNewsBot said:

The Mikdash (Temple) Educational Center in conjunction with Rabbi Hillel Weiss, the former spokesman for the Sanhedrin, has minted a silver coin to promote a practical effort to establish the third temple.

View the full article

The article mentions an Israeli NGO (Non-Governmental Organization).

Such organizations spring up from time to time to milk sympathizers of their money for faux projects.  They aren't all from Israel either.  Appeals for money arise when persons of questionable character decide to add to the coffers of their unknown bank accounts.  Most of the time these projects claim to support famine or plague or evangelism in Africa.(*)  They don't.

(African folk are ALWAYS suffering plague or famine.  I know because I spent 2 years there. After more than 60 years of contributions nothing of substance has been accomplished.  Missionaries inform me such conditions are built into the non-white culture and are thus unavoidable.  Only the gospel can save, but since the gospel is associated with white culture, which is vehemently rejected, those conditions continue to ravage the land and its people.)   

Faux projects to build the third temple have cried for support for all of the fifty+ years I've been aware of the game.  

Tell me if you can - where is it to be built and where are its furnishings being stored?  

It won't be built on the temple mount because no one is allowed to carry a Bible there (weapons are not allowed and the Bible is an acknowledged weapon). Only a small number of Jewish persons are allowed to visit. (If caught praying in non-Islamic assembly such persons are usually evicted.)  Some have argued the third temple ought to be built in the City of David beside or astride the Gihon Springs, but the geography and the real estate don't support such a project. (It would be a very SMALL temple if built at all.)

I must reiterate that projects claiming to build a third temple are questionable.  

It's your money to spend as you wish.  

Be wise when you do it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) What sort of evangelism do you suppose is supported when the Name of Jesus is forbidden for use in organizational communications such as letters email or telegram?  I have personally spoken to missionaries who complained about this and have left the field both in Africa and South America.

Edited by choir loft