• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I just got back from a holiday on the Amalfi Coast in Italy (I'd recommend it totally, such a beautiful place) and we spent a day in Herculaneum, and a day at Mount Versuvious and Pompeii....wow!!!

Anyone been?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jealous!!!

Spent some time travelling around Italy last year... went pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the amalfi coast... I don't know what I was thinking... time (and cash) was limited... but I regret not going now. On a lighter note, on my visit I came within feet of the Pope himself!

Did you see Sorrento? Did you do the drive (or bus ride) down the coast line? It must've been pretty hot this time of year!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Jealous!!!

Spent some time travelling around Italy last year... went pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the amalfi coast... I don't know what I was thinking... time (and cash) was limited... but I regret not going now. On a lighter note, on my visit I came within feet of the Pope himself!

Did you see Sorrento? Did you do the drive (or bus ride) down the coast line? It must've been pretty hot this time of year!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I haven't been around all that much since I've been back and when I have been on I haven't been on for long.

I would definitely recommend you go to the Amalfi Coast (perhaps when money is a bit more free flowing!), it is nothing short of amazing!

Yeah, we spent some time in Sorrento, shopping, looking at the scenery and views (stunning view of Mt Vesuvius!) and then in the evening we went to the 'Sorrento Musical' which is the history of Sorrento in musical form. Even if you can't speak Italian (don't know about you but I definitely fit into this category, though I would love to learn properly!), it is very enjoyable- lots of audience participation and funny bits etc). It's such a beautiful place, the people are so friendly too.

We went by bus/coach- it was stunning but the roads are so thin and windy that it can be a little nerve wracking at times if you have a nervous disposition (luckily I don't!) but the scenery and views were amazing!!! The sea is beautifully clear and a lovely shade of blue, the houses are beautiful and all in all it's a fantabulous place!

Weather wise, it was very warm but it was a nice change to England so we made the most of it! I'm pale so I did burn a few times but it was totally worth it! (And my fault as I forgot to put on sun lotion a few times!!

I definitely recommend it!