• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

It is correct to say we are no longer involved in a war in Iraq. Lately the only news coverage Iraq gets, involves bombings or killings of some sort. This is likely due to the grim outlook for the country. According to an article I read this morning, the new constitution is geared towards ethinic territories. The article also eluded to an undeclaired civil war, causing Sunni's and Shiites to quietly segregate themselves for safety reasons. Even the troops that the U.S. and its allies have trained are now under the control of warlords? As the British military has already shown, the police, for the most part, are turning a blind eye to the activities of their local militants. It is aparrent the worse things get in Iraq the less we are hearing about it. Our troops in Iraq are simply there to quell an insurgency which is being fueled and financed by the enemies of the U.S. I don't like that we went to war in Iraq or what reasons our government had for doing so. Its now beginning to look like our troops will be needed to stifle a civil war that our presence has contributed to. My belief all along has been "we broke it we should fix it". I am not sure we can. We can replace buildings we have destroyed but we have a long uphill battle to repair how the Iraqis feel about the U.S.. This is nearly impossible considering the large majority of Iraqis are Muslim and perceive America as a Christian nation. Its for this reason I believe we will fail in Iraq. Our troops will be there as long as our government thinks they can do some good. With people so determined to undermine our efforts in Iraq it apears to be a loosing battle. I do not wish to draw an conclusions about whether or not our government will accomlish what has set our to do, but its not looking good and our troops could be there a very long time.

I forgot to include the article.:-) Iraq article

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

The war in Iraq ended when we overthrew Sadaam.

Tell that to my cousin in Ramadi who just lost two men in his unit. People are still dying - the war is hardly over.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/22/1985

When did the war end in Iraq ? Bush said " major conbat has ended " . That seems so far from the truth . Over 2,000 have died . I belive the war was over oil , and we havent gotten anywhere sence we went over there . To many people have died , i think is over power . And we are trying to rebulid , when we are spending money we dont have . We need to focus on our own people and problems here . And leave Iraq soon .