• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

I would be interested in your comments regarding:

http://www.gospelcom.net/lcwe/statements/lcje.htm

Lausanne Consultation on Jewish Evangelism (LCJE)

A statement from this page is as follows:

Our Hope

As the world prepares to celebrate the year 2000, our hope is that individuals, churches, congregations, denominations and theological institutions will commit themselves to the task of evangelism as we:

tell Jews as well as Gentiles of the reconciling power found only in the Lord Yeshua,

take advantage of the window of witnessing opportunity as ideologies and trends that failed to keep their promises leave people hungry for truth and open to Yeshua,

devote resources to bringing the gospel to Jewish people in underevangelized areas of the world,

pray fervently for the salvation of Jewish people, for the peace of Jerusalem and for the peoples of the Middle East,

joyfully anticipate and work towards the day when all Israel will be saved eagerly await the return of our Messiah.

OR:

http://www.lcje.net/

The following site lists "Links to Jewish Missions and Messianic Ministries" on the Jews for Jesus site

http://www.jfjonline.org/links/jewmiss.htm

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I am all for evangelizing Jews 150%. However the people of this organization come from different theological backrounds of some I don't quite agree with. This sounds like a group of ecumenicals and that scares me.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ShamashOfYeshua

Shalom Dad Ernie,

For one the Jews for Jesus are a Christian based organization and from reading about them I tend to believe they are out to convert Jews from a Torah observant life style.

The Good News According to Matthew

5:17 Don't think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For most certainly, I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not even one smallest letter or one tiny pen stroke shall in any way pass away from the Torah, until all things are accomplished. 19 Whoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, there is no way you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Tell me please, has heaven and earth passed away yet? Have all things been accomplished yet? NO on both counts. So tell me non-Jews(I am one as well) who are Grafted in the Vine, should we Obey YHWH's or Man's Doctrines? YHWH has given us a way to live Seperate from the World and Satan has brought confusion into the Assembly just after the Messiah and His original Apostles and Disciples were gone from the earth. And since the Infant Assembly was without the original parents who SEEN THE MESSIAH, Satan had his chance to really confuse what was taught. Remember when Moses had brought the Israelites out of Egypt by YHWH's power and how soon they forgot HIS WAYS and went their own ways.

The Good News According to Matthew

23:1 Then Yeshua spoke to the multitudes and to his disciples, 2 saying, "The scribes and the Pharisees sat on Moses' seat. 3 All things therefore whatever they tell you to observe, observe and do, but don't do their works; for they say, and don't do.

Even Yeshua says we should do what the Jewish Pharisees and Scribes say and not as they do. And if you remember reading about a wife living with a non-believing husband you can see adventually they can believe as well. Since we would be going to the Synogogue to Worship YHWH. Of course this battle is a great one since all the confusion has been around for 1900 years.

Now on the other hand I see most Christian Churches teach to not observe the Torah and Prophets and I think they need to find the Truth which was lost 1900 years ago when a Pagan Ruler made Christianity the State Religion and set in motion the confusion the world won't soon forget. We are supposed to be Seperate from the world, yet I see more Christians living more like Non-Believers going to Church on Sunday for the benefit of their children instead of trying to Live for YHWH. I should know I was a Christian since I was 15 when I first accepted Him into my life. Do you remember whos world we are living in? Satan's isn't it?

May the peace that transcends all understanding be with you,

Tag

• 2 months later...
Guest shiloh357

Jews for Jesus tends to turn more Jews off about Yeshua than they successfully convert.

They are Christian organization that passes themselves off as Jewish, but I have some misgivings about them.