IGNORED

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

JohnR7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

I wonder about Job, where God questions him. I thought God knew everything. We see the same thing in the Garden of Eden when God questions Adam, Eve and the Serpent. We can look to see what the commentary says:

Verse 4. - Where was thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Was thou present? Did thou witness it? If not, what can thou know concerning it? And if thou know nothing of creation, what canst thou know of deeper things? The metaphor, by which the creation of the earth is compared to the foundation of an edifice, is a common one (Psalm 102:25; Psalm 104:5; Proverbs 8:29: Isaiah 48:1e 3; Isaiah 51:13, 16; Zechariah 12:1; Hebrews 1:10, etc.), and is to be viewed as a concession to human weakness, creation itself, as it actually took place, being inconceivable. Declare, if thou hast understanding. That is, if thou hast any knowledge on the subject (comp. ver. 18).

I have seen crime programs on TV. I am interested in the science they use to convict a defendant in a court of law. What evidence does the court need to convict someone of a crime. To put them in jail for the rest of their life or even execute them. I have seen two evangelists go to prison for 10 years. Jim Baker and a guy who called himself Dr Dino. Paul warns us that these are "God's servants".

Romans 13:4 "For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

Jim Baker and Dr Dino both disregarded the gov and the courts. Even they had lots of donations for a legal defense. It did not do them any good, and they had 10 years in jail to think over their transgressions and their crime.