• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Amen CarolineS  :taped:

Despite scripture that tells the truth, they want to believe something else. People are so involved in finding the hidden mystery that they can't hear what is being spoken. All one needs to do is pay attention to what they are reading and what is plainly being said.

Denise

Likewise, Amen. You are both perceptive and absolutely on target. The problem is that man is not content to let God reveal the truth. They have to discover it for themselves, making themselves the final arbiters of truth. This repeats the error of Genesis 3.

We ought to be focusing on the gospel. Prophecy exists to cast another light on the gospel. It's not detailed prewritten history.

Ted

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Denise,

Thanks. I am glad I am not the only one who is not seeing this in scripture.

If we read carefully, compare scripture with scripture, and not try to make chopped salad out of the Bible, it makes alot more sense. Anyway, That's MHO.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Ted,

I agree with your post. We are to let God reveal truth and not put our own spin on it.

However, I have to disagree with your comment that prophecy is not detailed prewritten history. I believe it is. Prophecy is history written in advance.Prophecy and history mirror each other.

God tells us in advance what is going to happen so we can be prepared and warn others. We are to be prepared spiritually. I don't think most people have the kind of faith and knowledge of God to survive the tribulation that is coming. Now is the time we should be in the Word and getting prepared.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Greetings,

This is NOT the gap I am speaking of. Whether you like it or not, I have referred to the Two Witnesses, which reveal the FIRST RESURRECTION, and the remnant that remains until the 7th trumpet. I believe there is a 40 day GAP between the two.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dad Ernie,

This is not clear to me. Can you show scripture that supports a 40 day GAP?

I really don't want to stick around for 40 days after I see Christ in the air. With a major earthquake and all. I am relying on the promise that says we shall meet Him in the air and thus shall ever be with the Lord. Why would we have to wait around a destroyed earth, what would be the point?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Ted,

I agree with your post.  We are to let God reveal truth and not put our own spin on it.

However, I have to disagree with your comment that prophecy is not detailed prewritten history.  I believe it is.  Prophecy is history written in advance.Prophecy and history mirror each other. 

God tells us in advance what is going to happen so we can be prepared and warn others.  We are to be prepared spiritually.  I don't think most people have the kind of faith and knowledge of God to survive the tribulation that is coming.  Now is the time we should be in the Word and getting prepared.

In Christ,

CarolineS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Caroline,

Prophecy by its very nature does contain information about the future. But while classical prophecy (eg. Daniel 2 & Jeremiah 25) are straightforward and somewhat detailed, apocalyptic is not. The very nature of apocalyptic is that it is symbolic, recapitulative, and devoted to redemption history, not political history.

Ted

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Scripture says we shall all be changed--in a moment.

Actually it says 'in the twinkling of the eye', but anyway.

Those in Christ are raptured. There are things that happen after and we don't know how long these things take. The dead are risen and judged. There is clearly something occuring in between, but to me it matters not. Its God's plan and that's good enough for me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

This is not clear to me.  Can you show scripture that supports a 40 day GAP?

I really don't want to stick around for 40 days after I see Christ in the air.  With a major earthquake and all.  I am relying on the promise that says we shall meet Him in the air and thus shall ever be with the Lord.  Why would we have to wait around a destroyed earth, what would be the point? 

Greetings Caroline S,

I tried finding it, but no such luck. Someone, somewhere once showed it to me and I reasoned that it was appropriate since we see a "remnant" in Rev 11:13 and the 7th trumpet is yet to sound. Thess. tells us that the resurrection occurs FIRST, so I can only associate the rapture with that remnant. I do not want to be in that 40 days either, but that means I will die at the hands of the Beast. It will be a terrible time from the First Resurrection until the 7th Trumpet and the destruction of Babylon. I believe the remnant to be in hiding because the "witness days" are over. All the nations are rejoicing for having stamped out the last "witnesses". And one other thing that God has always done is keep a "remnant" for Himself, such as in the days of Elijah when 7,000 had not bowed the knee to Baal. So there seems to be support for at least a short interval between the resurrection and the rapture at the 7th trumpet, probably to "release the 7 thunders".

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Thank you Dad Ernie.

I try to keep an open mind when I hear theories on different scripture. I think it is good to look at different viewpoints. After all, I do not have all the understanding and knowledge it takes to decipher all scripture. And I probably never will until I get to heaven.

I will keep this in mind as I study.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Guest parousia2
Thank you Dad Ernie.

I try to keep an open mind when I hear theories on different scripture.  I think it is good to look at different viewpoints.  After all, I do not have all the understanding and knowledge it takes to decipher all scripture.  And I probably never will until I get to heaven.

I will keep this in mind as I study.

In Christ,

CarolineS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings to all on this topic: Does anyone care about context any longer? In all of the posts I read, I don't recall one instance when someone took the time to give the context of a passage before just jumping in and relating it to our day. Everything's about us, isn't it? None of the epistles should have been addressed to anyone in the first century. They should all have been addressed to us. We are the recipients, are we not? We ignore the chapter before and we ignore the chapter after. We ignore the author; we ignore to whom it was written; we ignore why it written; we ignore the historical setting in which it was written. You all earn an big fat "F" in Bible Exegesis Methods 101. You are welcome, though, to take the course all over again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Greetings to all on this topic:  Does anyone care about context any longer?  In all of the posts I read, I don't recall one instance when someone took the time to give the context of a passage before just jumping in and relating it to our day.  Everything's about us, isn't it?  None of the epistles should have been addressed to anyone in the first century.  They should all have been addressed to us.  We are the recipients, are we not?  We ignore the chapter before and we ignore the chapter after.  We ignore the author; we ignore to whom it was written; we ignore why it written; we ignore the historical setting in which it was written.  You all earn an big fat "F" in Bible Exegesis Methods 101.  You are welcome, though, to take the course all over again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually encounter Aetheists and Muslims who like to quote out of context, but you need not quote the entire chapter before and after.

I pass on your offer. :thumbsup: