• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I am torn as to what to pray for.

Some days I feel like, please Lord, come gather your people, I want to come home.

And other times I feel like there are just so many unsaved, I want them to be saved before He comes, so I want Him to wait.

Are we supposed to pray for Him to come?

I would not want him to come right now because there are people I know who are unsaved.

But then again, I want to be with Him, now.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Come Lord Jesus, come!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

But isn't there someone you love that isn't saved?

Don't you want more time for them to get saved?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Christ will get here when He gets here and no amount of praying is going to bring Him back until everything is ready.

Christ is coming...there's no doubt about it, so I don't see the point in praying for His return. It's going to happen whether we pray for it or not. We can't change yesterday and only God knows tomorrow, so why not focus our prayers on the here and now.

Pray for those around us...both good and bad.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I am torn as to what to pray for.

Some days I feel like, please Lord, come gather your people, I want to come home.

And other times I feel like there are just so many unsaved, I want them to be saved before He comes, so I want Him to wait.

Are we supposed to pray for Him to come?

I would not want him to come right now because there are people I know who are unsaved.

But then again, I want to be with Him, now.

You are suposed to pray for your home to come here. This is why the prayer says "Your kingdom come Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" In the mean time you could be doing His will here where home will be.

Denise

Re 5

10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth."

Matthew 13

38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the messengers.

40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.

41 The Son of Man will send out His messengers, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,

42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

1Co 6

2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Denise

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

"For me to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far." Philippeans 1:21-23 NIV.

Ever go on a roadtrip with a little child? What's the one question they inevitably ask that there never seems to be an answer for that satisfies their curiosity? "How much farther?" Kid's can't distinguish time by understanding that 5,280 feet equals 1 mile and we have a hundred miles left to go, so we'll be there in 52,800 feet!

If you tell them, "It will take as long as it takes you to watch your Winnie the Pooh movie three times," they can relate to that for a few minutes, but then it doesn't take too long before they're asking again, "How much farther?"

Then, they get the inevitable answer: "You just relax and enjoy the trip and Daddy will make sure we get there, Ok?"

Sound familiar? When Jesus told His disciples He was leaving, "Where I am going you cannot follow now, but you will follow later" (John 13:36), Peter asked, "Lord, why can't I follow you now?" (v37). And I love Jesus' parental answer to him....

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father's house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you... I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am going." (John 14:1-3)

Boiled down to the heart of the matter, doesn't it say, "You just relax and enjoy the trip and Daddy will make sure we get there."

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

But isn't there someone you love that isn't saved?

Don't you want more time for them to get saved?

Listen...

You do not know how many times I cry for my children. I pray that they are safe in Jesus, but I have my doubts. All I can do is pray about it and leave it in Jesus' hands. There are many more people I know whom I hope are saved, but I don't know. And many more that aren't and I hope they find salvation soon.

But I no longer want this world. To me, it has things I can enjoy but for the most part it is wicked, hateful and it is time I was no longer here. I'm only here because it's what God intended, but I've been ready to leave for some time now.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Saved Christians remain in this world for a reason. We are here to continue the work Jesus started 2000 years ago. For that reason the prayer should be for "Thy will be done". This life is extremely short, give your all while you can.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  108

Although longing for heaven is natural in a world where evil and satan are allowed to dwell (for a time), I gotta agree with Bob on this one.

Peace :thumbsup:

Edited by Homeward

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

Revelation 6:10-11 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Whenever the Lord comes, those who will be saved, will be saved, and those who will not shall not be taken. It is our duty and obligation to pray for those that are unsaved and to evangelize them whenever possible as the Lord leads. The rest is in the hands of the Lord and only He knows who His people are with certainty.

Do your duty and make it a priority in your life if you are sincere about caring.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie