secondtimearound

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

It was several years ago, and a few years after I had lived through my 8 hour cerebral operation.

Wife had prayed, and prayed for my recovery, and had enlisted many fine Christians to pray for my

recovery even though my doctor said that it was likely that I soon would be totally brain dead. When

I was allowed to go home he told me I had done much better than they had expected. Well, that was true,

but I would say that I had been helped by those prayers to the wonderful Lord. My faith was high

as you would expect!

Couple years later we traveled a hundred miles or so to see one of my wife's favorite preachers,

and it was a joy. It lasted 3 or 4 nights and the last night the subject was the Holy Spirit.

It was like an old high school auditorium, and we sat on the fold out seats attached to the right side of

the gym. We looked down on the speaker's platform from the side.

When it started I looked down and saw an odd sight. There were a few people behind the speaker's

platform, and I saw one very tall person standing there watching the speakers. He was twice the

height of any of the other men, and to my mind he must have been 12 feet in height. WHAT?

Who was he? He seemed to be guarding the assembly, and I soon figured out he must be an angel,

but why didn't any one else seem to see him. Much later I surmised that one must have some real faith

to be able to see him, and I had it only because I had been healed only a couple years before.  Was it

a thank you to me? Don't think so. I am the one who needed to say thank you, not the Lord!

Another reason is you had to be in just right place to see this angel, and  I was in a place where  I could.

Said it before, and I will say it here again.....Thank you wonderful God!! Thank you Jesus!!

I didn't tell wife what I saw, people would have heard me, and thought I was bonkers! But it did

happen, and later that night I asked wife what she felt there that night, and she said that she felt

the power of God's angels in that room. Well put!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, secondtimearound said:

It was several years ago, and a few years after I had lived through my 8 hour cerebral operation.

Wife had prayed, and prayed for my recovery, and had enlisted many fine Christians to pray for my

recovery even though my doctor said that it was likely that I soon would be totally brain dead. When

I was allowed to go home he told me I had done much better than they had expected. Well, that was true,

but I would say that I had been helped by those prayers to the wonderful Lord. My faith was high

as you would expect!

Couple years later we traveled a hundred miles or so to see one of my wife's favorite preachers,

and it was a joy. It lasted 3 or 4 nights and the last night the subject was the Holy Spirit.

It was like an old high school auditorium, and we sat on the fold out seats attached to the right side of

the gym. We looked down on the speaker's platform from the side.

When it started I looked down and saw an odd sight. There were a few people behind the speaker's

platform, and I saw one very tall person standing there watching the speakers. He was twice the

height of any of the other men, and to my mind he must have been 12 feet in height. WHAT?

Who was he? He seemed to be guarding the assembly, and I soon figured out he must be an angel,

but why didn't any one else seem to see him. Much later I surmised that one must have some real faith

to be able to see him, and I had it only because I had been healed only a couple years before.  Was it

a thank you to me? Don't think so. I am the one who needed to say thank you, not the Lord!

Another reason is you had to be in just right place to see this angel, and  I was in a place where  I could.

Said it before, and I will say it here again.....Thank you wonderful God!! Thank you Jesus!!

I didn't tell wife what I saw, people would have heard me, and thought I was bonkers! But it did

happen, and later that night I asked wife what she felt there that night, and she said that she felt

the power of God's angels in that room. Well put!

Something about entertaining angels unaware. I've been made aware of angels on occasions. 

• Thumbs Up 1